The Time was between 1750 and 1810

Começar do início

"I not speak goodly." He flinched at the sentence. Thus, began grammar time with England.

"You see it is, I don't speak well. Not I not speak goodly. It is never goodly or gooder it will be well or better. As well as goodest, it's best. Understand." I nod slowly my head scrambled with the odd information. We sat there for a good few hours. He taught me English as I taught him Dakota Sioux and some of my Spanish. I only told him useful phrases he might need in a war. Like "hold your weapons" "we surrender" "we would like to make a treaty with you" and "please accept us as long loss family." I learned the last one helps a lot when I would get lost and come across an Indian tribe.

"Thank you Mr. England for that... delightful lesson." I searched for the words.

He responded in Dakota Sioux,"Same to you, Kanze. I hope to see you soon." We smiled at each other.

"Oh, um... can you give me a ride back? I kind of got lossed" Shamefully I asked with my head hung.

"Sure thing. I would love to help you. Where do you live?"

I pointed west,"That way. West. I kind of live in the middle so I'm not that hard to miss. Unless of course you go around me which many people do. Although I'm not sure why because I have very fertile land and wonderful sunflower fields." I kind of switched to Spanish in mid speech cause I wasn't sure what to say. I'm glad he could understand Spanish to bad he can't speak it very well.

"Alright. Just climb up here and we will be off." I scrambled to a sitting position on the horse and held tightly onto his waist as he nudged the horse forward.

"I haven't road a horse since the French-Indian war."

"Really? That long? You don't look that old." He chuckled.

"You don't look that old either." Letting a girly giggle slip I blushed. His smile was as bright as the sun and if you saw him you would have never thought he has been in so many wars and seen the most horrific things known to man and maybe even worse. We spent the time chatting about our home lands and our hopes for their future. England told me fascinating stories about witches, wizards, and black magic. Then I told him the oldest of the forgotten Indian stories of spirits and mythical creatures that lie hidden in the shadows of night. His laugh reminded me of the times with Spain when he actually spent time with me before that surprise visit from France and the first time I saw someone die. Then before I knew it I was home. "Goodby England and thank you"

"You're welcome, Kanze." And with a nudge the horse trotted off faster then it did when I was on it.

"Kanze?!" Spain jumped out of no where and gave me hug tears filling his eyes.

"Spain you're squeezing me." I gasps out. He loosened is grip but didn't let go completely.

"I was so worried! Are you ok? Did anyone hurt you? Where were you?" He rambled.

"I'm fine. No one hurt me and I got lost down by the Mississippi river. Don't worry. I actually met a very nice gentleman named England and he taught me how to speak English better!" I smiled lightly but Spain's face looked grim and hatred filled his eyes. "¿Hermano? Que?" I always used Spanish to make myself sound sweet and it usually gets what I want.

"I don't want you to go near battle grounds ever again. That man, England, is an enemy to all of America even the uncharted regions." Why did Spain act so differently now?

"Listen Spain we don't need to fight. All you have to do is sign this treaty." A blond man with glasses stood in our living room with an evil smirk on his face. Although that smirk seemed to mock us his eyes were sad and understanding as if he didn't want to do this but had to. Tears threaten to fall not wanting to let one escape I tilted my head down so no one could notice. All I heard was metal colliding and shouts of hate.

"First you take Mississippi now Kanze! Next you will want Florida! Why do you take everything I love. It starts with killing of natives then you'll take there land... but its not enough for you is it! You must have everything or nothing! Is that his you want to live for the rest of your life America?!" Spain's screams were muffled for my eyes and ears were covered by the hands of Sioux. Once she let go and I saw what was happening it was to late to recover them. America buried his sword straight into Spain's heart. "ESPANA!!!" I knew he wouldn't die but Spain will never come back. Soldiers ran in and grabbed his limp lifeless body and dragged him away unceremoniously as I stood there in shock. My eyes were as wide as dinner plates, my mouth wide open wanting to scream, and my hands partially covering my ears and grasping my hair tightly. Finally the tears flowed out nonstop. Blinding me the tears stung my hot cheeks as I blandly tasted the salt from them. Crouching I sobbed not making any words but just noise. Loud wordless noise that seemed to never end. Sioux tried to cradle me in her arms and calm me down but I screamed a blood curdling scream. She just held me sobbing quietly. I want this night to end. I want to sleep forever but I couldn't even manage to stop yelling. From today on, I am apart of America.

Again this might not be historically correct but at least its in order... sort of. Anyway this one was for The Louisiana Purchase. Hopefully Nebraska will be in the next chapter...