Reunion: Part 2

We arrived at Tyler's mansion, and man can I tell you it's huge! Tyler was greeting guests at the front door and seemed a little uneasy.  

"Tyler?" I say walking up the stairs to greet him. Damon and Stefan following behind.  Tyler was dressed in a suit like the rest of the guys at the party.

"Klaus is here!" He whisper yelled. Tyler seemed a little surprised that he would actually show up or something else was bothering him. I don't blame the guy for being a littl eon edge.

"Yeah that's the point."  I said trying to hint to what we had planned tonight.

"No, he's not alone." I imagined he would bring some vampire hybrid friends.  

"Who's he with?" Tyler looked away almost afraid to tell me.  

"Kol's here." My heart stopped. Was tonight going to be the night that me and Kol finally talked? Would we finally see each other after all that we've been through? It kind of scared me. What if he's no longer the Kol that I knew, what if we had lost him completely. What if I have lost him.  

"I'll take care of it." I said and walked through the front door. Just like I thought it is spectacular. Caroline really has a knack for these sorts of things. The high golden ceiling was dressed with snowflakes and the stair railings were draped with fake snow. After I admired Caroline's work I searched around for the mischievous Original. In my searching for Kol I found Klaus and I knew that he saw me. He was all the way across the front room with a glass of champagne in his hand. Classy as ever, he raised his glass to me and then suddenly disappeared through the crowd. All of the random people made it hard to make out one face.  

"Why is my brother not by your side?" Klaus's english accent rang in my ear. I turned around to face him and we were only a few inches apart. He had a smirk on his face and I never realized really how tall he was.  

"I don't know, you tell me where he is." I said with a strong voice. I didn't want him to know that I feared him. I stood up tall.  

"Such fervidity. I can see why Kol likes you." No matter how hard I tried I couldn't help but admire what he said. I tried not to show any emotion towards Kol because if I did I would expose my weak spot.  

Klaus was dressed like a gentlemen in a suit and tie. His sandy brown curly hair was faultless. If you didn't know Klaus you would think him one of the cutest guys here. It's a shame he's down to the core evil.  

"I pride myself in it." I said walking to the drink bar and motioning for Klaus to follow me. He followed a foot behind like a dog on a short leash. We shoved through people and finally came across to the bar. I ordered a martini and Klaus ordered straight vodka on ice. One of my favorites. He leaned against the bar and smiled at me with satisfaction. My back was against the cushioned edges of the bar but my head was turned towards him. 

"So what are your brothers planning tonight?" He asked in a flirty kind of way. I smiled at him and took a drink of my Martini. I almost laughed at his stupidity if he thought I was going to tell him. But I knew he wasn't that stupid. 

"What are you planning?" I ask while returning the same smirk.  

"Kol tells me that there is an unusual amount of power surrounding this place. So either you have already trapped us here or you are planning to trap us here. But I know that you wouldn't hurt Kol. Now would you?" I have him an "I don't know" kind of a smile and took another sip of my martini. My martini was done so I figured this conversation should probably be done to.  

"I guess you'll have to find out." I said getting up. I was a few feet away from my stool when I say,  

"On him." gesturing the bartender to Klaus. Klaus just smiled at me and looked away. I walked as far away from Klaus as I could get. Though I wouldn't let him know, close scared me a lot. He reminded me of Michael who also was very intimidating.