He nodded.

"We need to go to campus real quick because something is supposed to be delivered to me, and I need to sign for it," I told him.

"Do your thing as if I weren't here"

I nodded and pulled the car out of its parking spot.

"So is this your car or your brothers?"

"This one is mine" I replied.

Dad shipped out the car with less mileage.

"Do the bedazzled accessories not give it away?" I questioned.

He chuckled and reached his hand over to touch the small plant hanger hanging from the rearview mirror.

"Is this real?"

There was a small succulent inside the pot.

"Yeah" I answered.

I couldn't help but glance in his direction when he got quiet while I made a left turn out of the lot.

"I'm a good driver," I told him.

It was Theo who was a shitty driver.

"I can see that"

Once we got to campus, I quickly found a parking spot which was a bit surprising since the school sold more permits than parking spots making it nearly impossible to find parking at this time most days.

"Your stuff is safe in the trunk," I told him as I put the parking permit on the dashboard. 

Anyone who succeeded in breaking into the car would likely run away shortly after the car alarm would sound out due to it being so loud and obnoxious.

"I can take your backpack"

He turned to me as soon as it was on.

"Lead the way"

I found Rox's boyfriend outside the dormitory, seated on the bench talking on the phone. He stood up when he noticed me approach him. A big smile formed on his face as he greeted me,

"Ella, I dig the hair"

"Thank you" I replied as he handed me the notebook along with a pen and a piece of paper to sign.

Rox had filled up most of the form, so I just signed, initialed and dated the paper before handing it back to him.

"You're dressing up, right?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

"Nice"

He placed the form into a notebook and then put the notebook in his backpack.

"Well, I'll see you at the party then"

I smiled and accepted the shoulder squeeze he gave me, before nodding at Gavin and walking away.

"Let's go drop off my backpack and notebook in my room," I told him, Gavin.

He began taking off my backpack.

"I can wait out here"

Nonsense.

"My roommate is there, come on," I said.

As we were making our way to the door, one of my floormates was making their way out. She held the door open when she noticed me making my way over.

"Hey, Els"

I smiled.

"Hi" I greeted.

"How'd lab go?"

"Super short actually" I replied.