Chapter Thirteen: Walking in a Dream

Start from the beginning

"Ari helped me." I said.  

That got him to shut up. Ruth perked at this and turned to shot him a look.  Antonio avoided eye contact, but he only did a stony I-don't-care-what-you-think face that vampires liked to make. 

I turned to Keeva as I felt the warmth of the apple heal.

Keeva's cheeks turned red and then purple before sucking in a deep breath. I bit hard down on my tongue to keep the anxiety in.

"What spell?" She asked. "And how did a goddamn old human-"

"Keeva, how long has Drake been battling the DreamWalker?" Antonio asked. Ruth rubbed her arms. Keeva nodded. I held out the spell and she snatched it. She read it over. She looked at me and then at the spell before looking back at me again. She sighed. She looked at the spell again. 

"He wouldn't want you to do this. He wouldn't want you to risk your life like this," Keeva said.

"He shouldn't have been a dumb ass then," I said. "If you're not going to help me-"

"I never said I wouldn't."

Keeva got up and walked to the kitchen. She pulled her hair up as she pulled out a mixing bowl as Orisin scooted. She threw in a few things in the bowl from the bag. She looked down at the bowl and I expected smoke to rise out of it like something out of the Harry Potter movies.

"Antonio, can you get Drake and lay him down on the sofa?" She asked as the vampire nodded. She smiled at Orisin. "A bit of your fire." Orisin let a small flame dance into the bowl. Antonio came out with Drake and Ruth as they put him on the sofa. Keeva poured the mixture into a wine glass.

"Pulchra Rosa. Somnium. Rosis,vinum, Rosis." She went over to Drake and pressed a white blade to the palm of his hand, holding the glass of wine underneath it before a drop or two of blood fell into the mixture.

"Hic est sanguis emus." She whispered before standing up and going over to my coffee table. "Vigilabo super direction mea."

She put a clear liquid into the mix and diluted the wine and blood. 

"One more flame," she said to Orisin. Orisin lifted the orange rose and lit it on fire before dropping it into the wine glass. The ash floated to the bottom of the glass. Orisin watched and his fists clenched before looking at me, frowning. His eyes grew glassy. Don't cry. I didn't want to see him cry. I didn't want to know why he wanted to cry. Keeva gave me a look. 

"That wasn't so bad." I said.

I glanced at the glass before Keeva said, "It's not the making of the spell that is difficult. It's rather simple compared to other spells, but it's the journey that is difficult." Well she didn't know that I had to make a deal with a queen with a questionable mental state to get said rose. 

"What do I have to do?" I asked. 

"Find Drake, the real Drake, in his dreams. Wake him up and possibly fight night walkers." Keeva said with a frown. 

"The real Drake?" I asked. Keeva frowned and then rubbed the back of her neck. She sucked in her lips as Antonio rolled his eyes.

"Spit it out." Antonio said.

"This is complicated!" Keeva said. "I didn't even think about using this spell because it's complicated and kind of stupid."

She knew about this spell? SHE KNEW?! And-