Selkie x Reader/Oc

Dedicated to DoodleBish

🍡fluff🍡

I sat down next to Draco putting my books down "ugh" I groaned as I toke out my notebook. "Looks like you have a lot of work to do" Draco said smirking at me "I missed some classes, and now I have all this work to do" I said fake crying.
"Dracie~ can you help me?" I said as cutely as I could leaning close to his face
"No~ it's your fault you missed class~" He said with the same type of voice, pushing me back to sit normally.

I sighed and started to work on my potions homework silently, buy after a while that was taken away from me
"Hey, why did you miss class?" Draco said curiously
"Well...you know the selkie's?" I said shyly, Draco replied with a "mhm"
"Um...I found one the other day" I said.

"What do mean found one? We have the glass that shows us them..." Draco asked questioning me.
"I found one somewhere else and it isn't like the others..." I replied while trying to work on my homework.
"What do you mean not like the others-" Draco asked,
"Ugh, I can't even concentrate!" I said slamming my book shut and going to my dorm.

The next day~
After classes ended I decided to go to the lake to see the selkie, right as I was about to leave the room, draco asked
"You wanna go to the dinning room"
"No!" I replied with anger
"Okay, your loss" Draco said in a pained tone.
I'll apologize to him later I though as I made my way to the lake.
I felt the cold air through my hair while sitting down by the lake. I guess the selkie felt my presence because he came from out of the water and looked at me with a curious glace.

I usually talked about how my day went and he would listen to me not saying a word, it was okay with me...he was the only person to listen to me because Draco only cared about himself mostly.

I had to learn sign language so that the selkie could actually know what I was talking about and so I could understand what he was trying to say whenever he did on the few rare times.

"Draco kept on annoying me today, but I guess he's my only friend so it doesn't matter to me" I signed to the selkie who looked at me confused.
I looked up seeing that the sun was starting to set,
"Well, I have to go back." I signed before getting up from where I was sitting and was about to walk away before I saw/heard the selkie say "don't go" I looked back and smiled at him
"Don't worry, i'll be here tomorrow" I replied,going back to the castle.

A month later
I had been going to the selkie everyday for a while it was like he was the only thing I had, all though Draco got curious about everything and started becoming annoying.Giving more reasons to back to the selkie.

I felt warm inside whenever I went to the lake, I felt my heart pang as I talked to the selkie. I couldn't belive what was happening it was like I had fallen in love with the selkie.

I thought this as I walked mindlessly outside to the lake,
"Desarae!" I heard someone shout, I turned around and saw Draco standing there.
"What are you doing? We have to go back or we will get in trouble" Draco said out of breath.
"No, I have to go see him" I said caring more about the selkie more then getting expelled
"Fine, if he matters so much do that." He said coldly, while walking back inside.

I ran to the lake, I fell to my knees when I reached the lake.I then saw the selkie come from out of the water staring at me with confusion.

"I have something to tell you" I signed the selkie looked at me with the same expression.
"I think I have fallen for you" I signed once more while sighing
"Me too" I heard the selkie say.

I smiled knowing that we both felt the some way even though we couldn't be together.

A/n - I hoped you enjoyed honestly I don't know what i'm doing while writing this one lol.It's a little odd but I did enjoy writing it! Make sure to vote and follow me~