12.

This story will follow the manga and will contain spoilers.

I do not own anything except for my oc. Enjoy! :)

___

"Ukyo-san, someone from the outside is there, at Senku-san's grave..."

Her last words echoed throughout her head. She did not move even after Ukyo pocketed the mango she gave and then dashed to catch the said outsiders. Inoko groaned, suddenly regretting her actions. Almost 10 minutes had already passed and she's still thinking if what she did was really the right decision.

She took a deep breath, "I can't change the past! There's no use in crying over spilled milk!" She huffed, adjusting the basket she's carrying before marching back towards where Senku's grave is. Knowing Ukyo, or hopefully, he won't go for the kill immediately unlike what Hyouga or the others would do. He won't go into frontal attack either since he is an obviously long range fighter.

As she walked, she can't help but still feel a bit unsure of herself. "I said that I shouldn't be crying over what happened but I can't stop having these feelings! It's easier said than done!"

She looked up towards the sky. She's been out way longer than she had planned. "If only I knew this would happen then maybe I shouldn't have gone to pick mangoes today..." she thought. "Ignorance really is bliss..."

She hoped that Yuzuriha is still busy sewing clothes and Taiju is still with the others. If the others find out that she's not monitoring the two properly, who knows what would happen to her?

"... I'm scared..."

______

The place is unusually quiet, totally the opposite of what she's expecting.

"Hm? Where are they?" she thought after seeing the now empty field. There is no one in there aside from herself. Although, the belongings of the three outsiders were left behind and there are some obvious tracks of someone running away. "Ukyo-san probably lured them somewhere away from here."

She approached Senku's grave, observing what the three has been planting. The thing was placed just a few inches away from the cross. However, the majority of its part is still out in the open. Inoko looked around her. Now that she's closer and can see the object closer, she doesn't think that it is some kind of deadly weapon.

"What is this thing?" She picked up the rope that the split colored hair guy was holding earlier. It was connected to the thing on the cross and to something near the tree. It also looks like they were planning to bury this too. A common way to hide something, thus becoming too predictable.

"Wait... this is not a rope. This is..." Her brows furrowed in question. Then not even a second later, her eyes widen and her mouth hung open in shock.

"A WIRE?!"

It is indeed a wire. She brought the wire closer to her face, not believing her own eyes. "What is something like this doing in this age?!"

Her gaze went to the other object. She had her eyes were wide and unblinking, bewildered. "A wire means electricity... Could it be...?"

She hastily went to pick up the object, letting go of the wire. Upon seeing what the other object is, she let out a small laugh of disbelief. She was already mind blown over the fact that a wire existed today but this... "This is too much to take on!"

This might be the first time Inoko felt so much desire to see another person. She shivered, goosebumps crawling all throughout her body.

"A telephone...? Really...? In this Stone Age?"