❆ 2 ❆

(Colby's POV)

My sweater covered hands quickly make their way to cover my face the second, Dev and I step out into the bitter winter weather.

"It's freezing out here why can't we just stay home?" The wind blows harder sending a shock of shivers down my spine making me physically be able to hear the chatter of my teeth. Devyn locks the door turning towards me.

"Because wouldn't it be easier if you already know the guys for the trip? I was already planning on hanging out with them today so this is the perfect opportunity for you to get to know them." She pulls her cream colored cardigan farther up her petit shoulders trying to escape as much of the cold as possible.

I lightly nod knowing there's no point on arguing for this plus, I would like to avoid as much confrontation as possible even if she is my best friend.

We make our way down the few stairs that lead to my door holding onto the railing not wanting to slip on black ice.

She unlocks the car and we go in quickly but I regret it the second I touch the the leather that feels to be made of ice. She turns on the heater blasting it waiting for it to warm up.

I look down pouting at my new pastel lavender Dr. Martens that are now covered in salt from the side walk and snow. I just grab my phone bluetoothing it to Devyn's car.

"Any song requests?" She thinks and pulls out of the driveway. "I need some emotion in here play Life Of The Party Shawn Mendes please," She laughs keeping her eyes on the road. I nod and pull up YouTube. 

Right when the lyrics start playing her and I start singing along well, me more like lip singing to it since I'm way too insecure with my voice to actually sing. She's putting on a full concert, dancing around in her seat hitting all the notes as good as she can. I just smile at her enjoying seeing my friend so happy.

We pull up to Kevin's house like 20 minutes later. Devyn turns off the car hopping out ready to see her other friends that go to a different school then us. Kevin used to go to their school so I guess that's how they know them.

I jump having my door yanked open. "Come on what are you waiting for?? To die of frost bite? Because wait long enough that might just happen." I pause and look to the floor feeling the stress of going in seeping back to me. I breathe out jaggedly shaking my head trying to calm my nerves.

"What are they like?" I ask looking up to Devyn who's looking concerned at my nervous state.

"Um, Mike is very out going and lively he might look kinda intimidating but I promise he is so nice. Jake might come off as kinda harsh but he's just a ball of awkwardness that doesn't mean any harm." She smiles at me reassuringly stepping away from the door so I can get out.

I put a leg out and stand up shakily feeling as if I don't have control over my own limbs. "I- Okay yeah lets go I guess..." I whisper wrapping my arms around myself as if putting a guard up.

She just slowly starts walking up to the house still looking at me as if to tell if I'm okay. I just lightly smile and nod at her kinda like saying don't worry about me.

We walk up the two starts that lead to his huge doors. I reach a hand out ringing the door bell and then immediately putting it back around myself.

"Ayyyyy!! Look who it is!" Kevin opens the door with his signature smile walking out and lightly pushing us both into the warm house that smells of cinnamon and clove.

He hugs Devyn and then me which it takes me a second but I hug back with one arm. "I'm not letting you go until you give me a real hug." I laugh into his shoulder since he's a lot taller than me and put my other arm around him. He laughs shaking his head and pulls away.

"Okay people this is Mike or as I call him Mr. Loves to eat all the food I have in this house." Kevin looks over glaring at a boy who's drenched in the color black and silver jewelry. Mike I'm guessing since obviously that's what Kevin called him just smiles innocently.

"I have nooo idea what you are talking about at all." He rolls his eyes with a sarcastic voice. "Anywayssss, hi! I'm Mike but these losers usually call me M you must be the one and only Colby." He laughs walking over putting his hand out standing officially with one hand behind his back.

My face twitches trying not to smile at that and I just shyly nod. He looks at me playfully tilting his head a bit. I just look around confused and then realize I didn't shake his hand. Oops...

I quickly put my hand out shaking his for a second then pulling away. I just look down to the floor not really knowing what to do now. Mike's loud laugh pulls me out of my thoughts and I look up at him self consciously knowing he was laughing at me.

"I promise I'm not going to eat you dude you can let loose." He just smiles. Okay so yeah he wasn't laughing rudely, thank god. I just smile at him gratefully and turn on my heels heading into the living room wanting to avoid this situation.

A few hours later of me trying to disappear into the beanbag I'm sitting on and just nodding or shaking my head when someone asks me a question.

The other boy Jake didn't come since he wanted to spend time with his family before the trip I guess. Devyn's voice breaks my train of thought.

"You okay over there Colbs?" She asks from the couch where they're all sitting watching The Office. I nod and smile at her.

"Are you gay?" My eyes widen and I look over to Mike who's looking back. "I- What? Why does that matter?" I ask trying not to take offense to that. "Oh shit sorry that probably seemed rude, you just look like my friends type." He quickly explains himself.

"Oh..." I just blush and look away not answering his question. "Oh my God! You totally are Jake's type how did I never realize that!" Devyn looks at my with wide eyes examining me.

I put my legs to my chest trying to get away from all the eyes looking at me. "Okay, okay yes we get it we are a hot as fuck friend group now leave the poor thing alone he looks like a scared deer." I look to Kevin gratefully just wanting the attention off of me.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that I didn't like mean to make you uncomfortable or anything." Mike gives me a apologetic look. "You're fine no need to apologize." I smile at him. He smiles back and then looks to the TV where Devyn already focused back on the show.

She was right, I'm glad I came now at least I know one of them and Mike seems like a pretty sweet guy so that's good. I'm already more excited for the trip now.

Boring chapter sorry😹
Lots of love- B
(Word Count: 1270)