Chapter Five

Dumbledore Visits

After we arrived back at headquarters I learned Harry wouldn't be back for a while because of his hearing at the ministry. I frowned and then noticed a hat box on the table in the kitchen.

I turned to Mr. Lupin and said, "What'd you do, get Snape a hat like Neville's grandma's?" I might not have been there, but I definitely remember Harry writing me about it.

Hermione, Ron, and the twins burst out into muffled laughs behind me as Mr. Lupin rolled his eyes. I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing.

"Lily! You have a visitor!" Mrs. Weasley called.

I walked into the kitchen and saw an elderly man standing there with a ratty, old hat.

"Lily this is Professor Dumbledore. He's come to sort you into a house." Mrs. Weasley smiled.

"Oh, okay. Cool," I chimed. I looked over at Dumbledore and he slightly pulled up one side of his mouth.

Mrs. Weasley pulled out a stool and patted the seat of it. I slid onto the stool and twiddled my thumbs. Slowly, Dumbledore lowered the hat onto my head and waited for something."

"Ah what's this? Related to Potter-boy are we? He didn't want to be in Slytherin, but you...you wouldn't do there, you're more like the Evans girl you are. Hmmm..." It pondered.

"GRYFFINDOR!" It cried.

My hands shot up to my ears and I clamped my hands over them just in time. Dumbledore shook my hand to congratulate me, smiled, and packed away his things. He waved goodbye to everyone and then apparated away. At that same moment Harry and Mr. Weasley walked in the door.

"We're back!" Mr. Weasley called cheerfully. "Who just left?"

"Oh that was the Headmaster! Lily's just been sorted into Gryffindor, isn't that exciting?"

Harry retreated up the stairs with Hermione and Ron in tow. I smiled and then tried to go after them. I got to the door before it slammed in my face. I sighed  and then retreated back down the stairs to hang out with Sirius instead.

//Wizard angst. Angst. Angst. Angst. Heehee. :P Happy Veteran's Day guys! I would tell you to celebrate but I'm not really celebrating LOL. Alrighty then, this chapter's done. Prepare your selves for the next one because things will happen ooooooh~