Chapter Three

Abandoned and Remembered

When we got back to the house that night we discovered Harry

was gone. It looked like Dudley's half of the room the one year he went to private school. Empty. No pictures, clothes, or anything.

I sighed and walked into Harry's room. I looked out of his open window. A small speck materialized in the sky. It started coming closer until it flew through the window and landed on the floor with a loud thump.

"Rose are you okay?" Mum's muffled yell came from downstairs.

"I like to be called Lily, mum! But yes I'm fine! I just um, tripped and fell!"

"Okay, be careful!"

"Kay!"

The object/person who crashed through the window stood up. I grabbed the nearest weapon. A lamp. Great.

"Away! Out!" I yelled. 

They stood up so I could see they were a middle-aged man with many scars.

"Please put your lamp down." He asked.

I looked at his kind eyes and put the lamp back on the table. He let out a sigh of relief and out a wand. I took a sharp breath in.

"Are you going to take me to Harry?" I asked hopefully.

His eyes twinkled.

"Well of course. Now we must hurry."

I nodded and threw some clothes, a hairbrush from Aunt Lily, and a picture of Belle, my best friend, in a bag. I leaped out the window after Mr. ScarFaceMan. I decided to call him that. He summoned an old rickety broom and swung a leg over it. He patted the space behind him.

'He can't be serious,'  I thought.

I held onto my bag tighter and cautiously sat on the back of the broom. I was holding onto the stick part in front of me. Not grabbing strangers has always been a specialty of mine. 1 squirmed around trying to get comfortable.

That's when we took off. At first I had to slap my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming. But after a while I started having the best time ever. I was actually kinda sad when we got there.

I peeked around the man as he stood in the middle of the street.

"Okay, this is a bunch of apartments...What are we doing here?" I asked confused.

"Just wait." He said with a smile.

And no sooner than he said that the buildings started shaking. But it wasn't really shaking. It was sinking in on itself and stretching outwards. It was making an entrance.

When all the moving stopped there was a gaping hole that had a nice little set of stairs and a door. I rushed to the door so fast I didn't notice that someone was opening it until the door hit me right in the face. I started getting dizzy and fell to the ground. I didn't feel like getting up, so I decided a nap would be nice.