AD 23

Happy new year, Snowflakes!

Title: I am you, and you are me

"Erza, watch out!"

The said-redhead immediately ducked down, before a sword from one of the robot-like knights from the Alvares Empire struck and missed her.

"..That was close." Erza muttered as she began to pant, catching her friends' attention.

"Hey, are you sure you're alright? You're panting way too much right now.." Gray asked, without looking at her, as he created an ice shield to defend himself from some of the enemies' army.

"Yeah, I'm okay.." The requip mage replied as she continued to strike down opponents, one after another. "We mustn't stop for even a moment, everyoneelse will be here soon enough."

"Got it!" Team Natsu and Juvia all exclaimed as a response.

However, what they didn't know..

"Acck!"

Erza, all wounded and could barely stand, laid on the ground as she glared at the person in front of her.

The person winced slightly as they stared at the helpless redhead.

"I.. I told you, you have to die. I'm really sorry for this, but this is the only way for me to get my body back!"

"This is my body! Y-You.. If you're really her, then you've died long ago! I am Erza Scarlet, a member of the Fairy Tail guild!"Erza shouted as she tried to stand up while using her sword to help herself.

"Yes, that's correct. But this body is still Ruby's. And I am Ruby. This is my body! You have to die!" The other persona responded as she raised her hand and the darkness around them suddenly began to envelop Erza..

"ngh.. AAAAAAH!"

"I'm sorry, but there can only be one of us." Ruby claimed, glaring at the redhead, who had finally sunken deep into the darkness.

Flashback.. (about five hours ago)

Erza..

Gray, who was carrying Erza, almost jumped in shock when he felt her suddenly stirring.

"Oi.. Erza. You, awake?" he called out to the redhead, who was actually still deep in her slumber.

Happy then glanced at the requip-mage to check, before answering, "Nope, she's still asleep. Why?"

The ice mage just grunted as a response, but did not continue the conversation anymore, as they all ran towards a nearby hill.

《 ...za.. Erza... 》

Once more, Gray felt Erza stir in her sleep but, this time, he decided to ignore it.