Teaser Pt. 2

(A/n: For all of those impatiently awaiting this book and for my poor brain who said," Damn you woman! There's still like ten scenes to get out before I let you write again!".....fuck You brain. Fuck You.

FYI: Aeon is the song that created this story. I heard it and saw a girl in a field of wheat looking over her shoulder in an ancient land and smiling at a group of men. It was the first time I saw her prismatic eyes gleaming. I saw their love story, fell in love right beside her as something timeless formed between them, cried as she held their ashes in her hands, felt just as defiant as she as their world tried pulling them apart, and longed for the day they'd be reunited. I saw laughter and sun. I saw tears streaming through ash. I saw two millennia of stories that separated them that were full of a girl searching for her lovers. I saw her writing to a man who gave her a journal, trying to keep a threadbare tether between them. I saw her playing with gladiators and joking with lowly slaves without any thought right alongside her men. A boy she would mourn forever. Another child she'd safe keep. Numerous years full of the words and stories a lone woman felt as she fought for something worth dying for and worth living for. I saw a love so great my heart ached.

Music creates worlds and this song created Amaranth's.

🌘🌑🌒

75 A.D.

"Come on." Luke whispered excitedly in my ear. I giggled and took his hand eagerly. Hand in hand we took off into the crowd, grins in place.

"Halt! Come back here!" The legion captain bellowed behind us as he caught sight of our gleeful faces. Luke laughed as the guards closed in. I joined him, hair tossing in the wind as I looked over my shoulder and saw two of them collide with a passing cart.

It's become a bit of a game to us these days. Once it'd been a covert mission to get me out for a few hours when my gilded cage became too much. Now it's a mere pastime we enjoy for amusement. It's become far too easy to escape these last few months. With the senator's attention fully taken by the gladiator games and the politics of Rome, I've turned into a mindless chore he forgets more often then not.

It'll be his greatest mistake to underestimate me. I am the daughter of a strong willed servant woman and a monstrous god that resides in Mount Edna. It is in my blood to be vengeful and head strong. Nathan all too happily comments such any chance he can.

My powers are undecided still, which gives me an advantage though my immortality is sacrificed in its stead. The horror of demigods is that we hold all power until fate strikes us with purpose. It is why our godly parents sentence us to the servitude of mortal men, to cast away our horrifying power until we are on equal ground. My cousin, Hercules, suffered the same fate as I. His story did not end happily, and I am determined to make sure our fates are not the exact  same.