Chapter 2: Trouble

Read this authors note please.

I planned to post two chapters right after each other and finished both, one of them being this one but guess what? Wattpad decided to not respond, not let me save and deleted a 4000 word chapter. I am very angered by this but I'm trying to get in contact with admins or such to try and help me save it if I cannot save it I will most likely not make the second chapter as detailed as I had made it. Wattpad needs to fix its self, I know many writers on this platform that suffer from the problem. Always, thank you guys for reading the story so far, I will continue and finish this series for u guys. I'm sorry for the wait and of course the new wait to see if wattpad will actually respond. thank you all!

With a flash of light, Steven appeared in homeworld. Stepping off the pad, he heard nothing.

A small wave of uncertainty passed through him as he walked down the tall halls until he reached a large open room. Then Steven felt a hand grab his arm, he looked down as a pink hand grabbed a hold of him then he saw a pink flash bowl into him, knocking him over.

"Steven!" The pink gem smiled widely, helping him up. Steven chuckled as he stood. "Spinel! How's homeworld? Are you settling in?" He asked, seeing how happy she looked. "Yes! I'm settling in well." The gem paused, eyes darkening. "Homeworld is.."

Steven looked into her eyes with a small gulp.

"Homeworld is good, I like it here but the diamonds have been struggling with something." She told him, a frown tugged at her lips. "What do you mean?" he asked with a small tilt of his head. "There are a few gems here who don't like the changes," she replied. Steven let out a small sigh. "Where is everyone?" 

"Follow me." she began to walk away, leading him down a tall hall. As they continued down the hall, there was shouting heard in one of the rooms they were approaching, then Spinel stopped and peeked inside one of the rooms before glancing back at Steven. Steven frowned and turned the corner, walking inside followed by Spinel. 

As soon as they entered Steven scanned over the room, all three diamonds were sitting in their thrones and below them a gem stood, a few other gems standing beside her- "Stevennnn!" White called, standing up and clapping her hands together. The orange gem below the diamond whipped around to face him, clenching her fist. Jasper.

"Rose.." she growled. Steven walked over silently. "what's going on? he asked, walking to stand at the same level as Jasper and the other gems. he looked over at them, when the two other gems turned towards him he recognized them as Eyeball and Aquamarine, all of them glared. Steven was stunned for a few moments, being right beside the gems who had opposed him when he was younger. 

"These gems were discussing with us the new changes." Yellow Diamond told him, her arm leaned on the armrest of her throne and her head resting upon her hand with a serious look on her face. Blue Diamond, on the other hand, was frowning down at the gems. White Diamond sat again, frowning aswell. 

"How so?" Steven asked despite knowing exactly why they were here.  Jasper looked up to the other diamonds. "I said what needed to be said, it's clear that I won't get anywhere with him here." 

Steven blinked at Jasper as she turned towards him. "You may be able to manipulate the whole of homeworld but you won't manipulate me, you are not my diamond and I will never listen to you," she growled to him before walking out. Both Aquamarine and Ruby stared at her before nodding to the diamonds before following her out. 

"Well, now that's over, how are you, Steven?" White asked. "I'm doing..good but I should be asking you, how are things with Spinel?" he asked and Spinel walked over with a small smile. "It's been wonderful, things aren't as boring around here," Yellow answered. "After we dismantled our empire there was nothing to do." she rolled her yellow eyes a little, mentioning the empires. Spinel smiled at the diamonds. "It's lovely here," she commented. Steven smiled. "I came here to visit and to tell you guys an idea of mine." he paused. 

"I was thinking instead of bringing corrupted gems to you guys, I could somehow get your healing powers in something like a bottle?" he suggested. Yellow raised a brow. "How do you expect us to do that?" 

"Hm, do you have any water here?" he asked. "I'll get some." Spinel said, turning away. "I'll come, I need three bottles too if you have any," Steven told her. Spinel gave a small nod and led him into a small room with a few shelves filled with items of many types from weapons to small bowls. He wondered to himself how human items got on such shelves in homeworld. "I have no idea where most of these things came from but here you go. I found these, they look nice." she pulled three bottles from the shelf, they were shaped and coloured like the three diamonds. Steven smiled. "These are perfect."  

Spinel smiled back at him. "Let's find that water then." with that the gem turned, still holding the bottles and exited the place. Steven glanced over the shelves once more spotting one last bottle around the spot the other were. It was a pink diamond bottle. he frowned and glanced outside the door towards Spinel. Was she still hurting about Pink? Is that why she didn't mention it or did she not think he needed. She couldn't have missed it, it stood out on the shelf for its bright pink colouring. Letting a small smile out he forced a smile deciding he would talk to Spinel about the Pink later and walking out after her.