They both shouted happily.

" When are we leaving? " I asked.

" By the coming Friday. We would return within the next Friday " Rajiv said.

" Who would be with Prerna? " I asked.

" We have appointed a maid for the next week. She would cook and clean the house. " Prerna said.

They had everything planned. I can use this to meet my friends at Chennai.

I sat with Prerna and watched TV.

My phone rang, it was a call from the green design center, must be about the result of my interview.

I walked out to the balcony and picked up the call.

" Is this Aparna? " A lady asked.

" Yes! " I said nervously.

" It's me Rachel, from green design center,we met on your interview. You are such an inspiring person. Your portfolio is also spectacular.It would be our luck to have you in our office "she said.

I was jumping with happiness.

" But " She said.

But - the word I hate the most. When but comes, whatever told before the word becomes meaningless, ' But ' could change everything told before it.

" But? " I asked.

" We got an information on you from one of our acquaintance. This news was a black mark on your report. Sorry we can't take you. " She said.

" What black mark? " I asked.

" That you were involved in an informal affair for a salary appraisal with your senior. " She said.

My entire world became blacked out and I couldn't hear her remaining words.

I turned off my phone as tears started flowing from my eyes.

I ran out from Prerna's apartment and she shouted behind me.

I rushed to my car and drove it out of the compound.

The rain started pouring down and i stopped my car at the side. I waited till my tears drained out.

I started my car and drove to my home.

Dad opened the door after I rang the bell. He saw my red eyes and his brows knitted together.

" Aparna, are you okay? " He asked me.

I nodded my head and I smiled .

" Can you sit in the drawing room for five minutes? I need to talk to you " He asked me.

I walked straight to the drawing room and he walked behind me.

Dad went through an accident four years ago and could walk only on a slower pace. He didn't like walking with a stick or anyone holding his hands. He took retirement from his work and was at home ever since.

He sat opposite to me and tapped the center table.

" Do you know who gave this table? " He asked me.

" Grandpa, on your wedding " I said.

My dad laughed as his fingers traced the wooden carvings on the huge center table.

" After my marriage, your grandpa did this table with his own hands. He wanted this table to be the central attraction of my house.

After you were born, my company was taking shape. We didn't have enough space working in my room. We wanted to use the drawing room too.

But the table was taking up so much of space. I can make four people sit in there. But your grandpa would be disappointed if I took out this table.

I was fighting with my own self. I couldn't disappoint my father. But the wastage of space was bugging me too.

One day I decided I should do something. I called your grandpa and told him, " Dad I am going to dismantle the table safely and it would soon be put to a better use after I buy a big house ".

Your grandpa was furious. He came here the very next week and had a frown on his face as he toured our home. " Dad said imitating my grandpa's face.

I laughed.

" That's the thing about life. If you are scared of disappointing people around you, you would never live to your fullest. " He said.

I looked at him surprised.

" Take your sister, she did what she wanted to do. I was disappointed as she ran away.

Your mom was angry on her. But Prerna did what was needed. You mom would be running to your sister's house by next month. When your sister talks to your mom about the baby, your mom will definitely melt and forgive her. " Dad said laughing.

" Actually, it's babies" I said.

" Are you serious? " Dad asked shocked.

I nodded my head and signaled him to keep that as a secret. He nodded back.

" The people who really love us, will love us, even if we disappoint them . But we should keep in our mind to not hurt them .Take care of them. " Dad said.

I nodded at him.

" I give you the same freedom. Don't be afraid of disappointing me. Do what you need to do. Do what's right " Dad said.

I hugged him and cried.