Chapter 1: Centauri Blood

People walked around the streets of New York completely unaware that the supernatural existed. Over hundreds of centuries werewolves have wandered these lands without being discovered. They hid in plain sight as regular business workers, lawyers, doctors, cops and even drug dealers. In this secret society of werewolves there's also a hierarchy, and no matter where one went on this planet, a hierarchy always called for trouble. This society is run by the strongest alphas, and their special packs have been following them since beginning of their creation.

However, for this system to run smoothly, all the alphas must follow a code which was created by their ancestors. And no one knew that better than the Centauri Clan. They were the last original family that has the pure blood from the first werewolf ever created by Maya- the moon goddess. She is the deity all werewolves- evil or good prayed to and worshipped. If you ever wondered why a wolf howled towards a lonesome moon, it's because that beautiful beast knows that Maya would always listen to his prayers.

The Centauri family has been a strong threshold for all werewolves to follow as an example. Gabriel Centauri is the eldest son and the most ruthless Alpha. He alone raised his siblings to not only be honourable warriors and righteous protectors, but also great leaders themselves. Their territory was the safest and largest; women could walk alone at night and kids could freely play without having to look over their shoulder. The five siblings stood united and that's because they always trusted each other, and more importantly, they loved each other... even more than their own father.

Still, behind that prestigious name hid many secrets and bloodshed.

The outside world admired the Centauri family for staying strong and supporting each other no matter what comes their way. Everyone praised Lord Robert Centauri for raising remarkable children who were not only the strongest pack leaders, but also billionaire businessmen, philanthropists and practically golden children of this age. However, what everyone didn't know was that their time was running out. They have a ticking clock that forces them to find a mate soon. Although, that was easier said than done. Finding mates was nearly impossible for these siblings, since everyone had their eyes on them and not entirely for the best of reasons.

The five heirs of the Centauri clan better find the mate that the moon goddess destined for them, otherwise saying goodbye to this prestigious bloodline they so proudly protect will just be a matter of time.

-Manhattan-

Hunter Centauri turned the corner alleyway and avoided the main street since hunting was best done in the dark. His agile body moved along the streets with stealth and control, nothing ever fazed him when he was assigned a hunt. His older brother assigned this particular job to Hunter because the alpha knew that only Hunter would be able to take on the threat alone. Hunter was a robust feral man that towered over everyone, but when he needed to disappear, the darkness concealed every single fibre of his body like a cocoon.