Chapter 4: Morning

Start from the beginning

Shoto, overhearing everything, decides to stay back and listen to the two of you from behind the door. To step in now would be wrong, also, his interest is peeked.

"Well, I'm here for you."

"Thanks Midoriya..." You sighed. "Well... After taking the entrance exam I realized just how different school is going to be. I'm going to the same school, except... None of the same teacher or peers and I'm sure the curriculum is different too. I can get over that though, your class is much better than everyone I went to school with back then," back then you only spoke with Enji and nobody else because everyone was competing and wanted nothing to do with those who were better than them. Now you have Shoto, and Midoriya, and Kirishima and a bunch of others like Uraraka, Iida, Ashido and Sero. "The stuff that's really bothering me is that I went from the poster child of the family to not having one at all. How I missed out on the life I could've lived... Imagine If I never fell through the ice... I could've became the number one hero or... I Could've been the wife to the current number... One... Hero... It's so screwed up to think this but... I would've loved to be Enji's wife and Shoto could've been my son..."

Everything really has hit you all at once. "I can see where you're coming from. My family feels broken because my dad isn't around but you shouldn't let yourself get all down because of how things could've been. Just because you couldn't live that life, doesn't mean you can't still make it happen in the future... YOUR future," wow... Midoriya is the best friend anyone can ask for.

"And I cried over this stuff for the last week," you let out a sigh of relief. "You're right though. I couldn't live that life, but the future is still mine. I can still strive to become the new number one. If not... Then the best I can be."

"The past is behind you and there's nothing you can do to change it," Midoriya pats you on the back.

"Before I leave though, can I ask if... If you've ever been in love?" Off question that's for sure and you're not expecting an answer.

"I-I do like someone," the boy stuttered.

"With me... I'm not so sure if I'm in love or not," you admit without any concern. "It's hard to push my feelings for Enji aside when we used to be in a serious relationship and I see him in Shoto. But... Shoto is a lot nicer and selfless than him. Shoto is everything Enji wasn't and I'm not so sure if I like Shoto in that way or if it's my feelings for Enji that's clouding my senses," you want to cry just thinking about all this. Is your heart playing games on you or is this true love?

Now this, Midoriya is having a hard time processing an answer for. "You know what, I can actually relate to you on that," a deep breath in and Midoriya began motioning around his entire room. "Yeah, I love All Might. He's my role model! Since I was little I've came to love almost everything related to All Might. Just because something's related to All Might, doesn't mean I should or should not like whatever it is. Long story short, get your feelings about Enji out now. You'll get over him. If you still like Shoto, then I say it's worth giving Shoto a try."

"Once again I see why you're Shoto's best friend," just because you love something doesn't mean you need to love all of it. There's always something you'll hate about something you love. Nothing is perfect. Find those flaws, and Enji will be out of your heart. "I loved Enji because he thought I was perfect. He was the nicest to me, but there were times he was the biggest jerk on the planet. Now he's old, has a wife and four kids. I can't change that."

"There you go," Midoriya approved of your journey made to acceptance.

"Shoto is always here for me whether I ask him or not. He's been nice and supportive, and I think that's enough reassurance that I really do like Shoto for who he is."