Deaths Welcoming Black Wings

Just a little heads up. This story may not end well. I write as it happens in my head. So.. a little heads up.

-------------------------------------------------------

I was getting ready to go, jeans, black boots and a black and red strip long sleeve sweater. I hear a knock, and i open the door to find Grim standing there.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks quietly.

"Um.. yeah, give me two seconds. Are you ok? You look like there is something wrong?" I ask, concern in my voice.

"I am fine.." He looks away, and i know something is wrong. "We should go.." He turns to walk away.

I grab his arm. "Grim.. Tell me. Don't hide things from me." I feel my heart beat pick up. Something is wrong. He looks down at me, infinite sadness in his eyes. He grabs my hand and pulls me to the couch.

"Please sit down.." I sit down and he kneels in front of me. "Azriel.."  He grabs my hands, and runs his fingertips across my knuckles. I let go of one of his hands and tilt his head up.

"Just tell me. It's something bad, isn't it? What happened?" I feel tears well up in my eyes.

"It's your gran.." He whispers in his two-tone voice. As soon as he says it, i shoot off the couch to the door, and he's there standing in front of me. "Azriel.. she's not here. She was at the hospital. You don't have a phone.. that's why you don't know. She had a heart attack.."

I fall to my knees, staring up at him. "No.." I whisper. "No!" i drop my face in my hands and start crying. "You took her.. you took her from me too, didn't you?" I look down at my hands, and see something black drip on the floor. I look up at grim, and he two black tears running down his face.

"Azriel.. I had to.. She was dying.. I didn't want to take what was left of your family away.. but it's what i do." He turn around and leans his forehead against the door. "You have no idea how hard this is for me.  You mean so much to me, and to take your whole family from you.. I don't want you to hate me. It wasn't me that killed them." He turn around and drops to his knees in front of me. "Please understand. I've never felt this way. Everything is so.. powerful in me." He closes his eyes

I lean forward and wrap my arms around him. I feel him relax against me. "Grim.." I say quietly. "I won't lie. I have some anger towards you. You are the one taking my loved ones away." I feel him tense under me. "You have to understand the way i feel."

"But i do."  I feel him put his face against my neck. "She talked to me."

I gasp. I pull back, and take his face into my hands. "What did she say?" I feel more tears feel down my cheeks.

He leans his face into one of my palms. "She said to tell you.. not to be angry. She loves you. To be strong."

I close my eyes and smile. "That sounds like my Gran. Did she say anything else?"

"Yes." he looks away, then back to me. "She told me.. not to fall in love with you."

I feel my face turn slightly red. "Why?"

"Because nothing good comes from loving Death. Everyone that loves death, dies." He sighs and pulls my hands from his face, setting them on my lap.

"Yes, but people that love death actually want to die." I put my hand back against his cheek. "The one that IS death.. is different. You may not be human, but you have feelings. You can feel someones touch. Just because you take peoples souls, doesn't mean you ARE death." I slowly trace his lower lip with my thumb.

He sighs and closes his eyes, his mouth opens slightly. I can feel his breath against my thumb and i lean in to smell his sweetness. He opens his eyes, and they widen, seeing how close i am to him. "Grim," I whisper. "Let me kiss you.." He slowly nods his head.

I slowly lean in and watch his face. It totally relaxes, and he closes his eyes again. I close mine and gently touch my lips to his. They are very cold. Just like the rest of him. I press my lips harder to his, and slowly run my tongue along the seam of his lips. He sighs and opens his mouth, i slowly slide my tongue in, and he slowly caresses his tongue against mine. I moan and crawl onto his lap, he falls back and i wrap my legs around him, wrapping my fingers into his balck hair.

I pull back and look down at him. "Tell me you can't fall in love with me.." I whisper.

He looks at me, with heat and lust blazing in them. "I can't.. I can't.." He grabs my face roughly and presses his lips against mine again. He runs his finger across my cheeks, down my neck. I shudder and moan. "Azriel..  We have to stop."

"No. I need you. I need you like i have never needed anyone. I don't want to lose you, along with everyone else i lose. I can't."  I start crying again. He's right. We have to stop. We just met.. But i can't help these feelings that course through me. I've never felt them before. I feel so.. peaceful with him here.

I give him one last soft kiss and stand up. I turn away from him and wrap my arms around myself. I hear him stand, then i feel his arms wrap around mine. "You will not be the one to lose me. I will be the one to lose you.." He whispers, with pain in his voice.

"What do you mean?" I ask, turning in his arms to face him.