Deaths Welcoming Black Wings

I walk into my apartment and throw my bag on the couch. I wonder whats up with that guy. I've never seen someone with so many tattoos before. Kinda cool though. I bet it hurt getting all those tattooed on your skin. I pull down the collar of my shirt down and look at the Japanese kanji symbol for death tattooed over my heart. I lightly run my fingers over it, thinking sadly of my parents.

Suddenly i hear a very reptilian hiss coming from my living room. I was standing in front of the frisge going to fix me a glass of Dr. Pepper. I freeze and listen more. I hear rustling and light banging.

I run into my living room and gasp, my eyes going wide. I see the same guy i seen before, with all the tattooes and another guy. They're fighting each other. In my living room... What the hell is going on?! I see the tattoo guy pick the guy up with his hand around his throat. and point his index finger over his heart. He starts chanting something and i see his finger growing longer, and black. Like a very sharp black nail. The guy starts speaking, barely coherent from a hand around his throat.

"I..know..what..you.....a..re.." he whispers. "Please...i..wasn't..going to hurt her..."

THe guy holding him up talks quietly, almost whispering, but his voice comes out sounding like 2 different people. "If you know what i am, then there is no point in lying to me. It is not her time now, but it is yours." He lightly touches the tip of his fingernail over his chest, where his heart is. The guy falls limp.

I finally find my voice and shriek. "Oh my god, what have you done?! Who are you?!" i start backing up and i feel the wall behind me. "Please don't kill me.."

I watch as he runs his hand down the guys face and he turns to ashes. "I would never hurt you, Azriel." He whispers in his double voice. It sounds creepy..and.. cold..

"You...just killed that guy, how do i know you aren't wanting to do the same to me?" I start shivering and wrap my arms around myself.

Suddenly he is in front of me, pulling the collar of my shirt down. I gasp and he looks up at me. He's alot younger than i thought him to be. And his eyes were black, with Cat-like slits in them that were grayish black. He reveals my tattoo and runs his finger lightly over it. I gasp and shiver, why is he touching me with the same finger he just touched that other guy with, that just killed him? I waited for me to fall limp, but i didn't.

"Why would i kill you? I am the one thats been keeping you safe." His two-toned voice whispered. Could his voice have the power to talk louder than a whisper?

"Oh.. Um.. Who..are you?" I ask, shivering.

"Everyone knows me, but fears me. Some welcome me, some wish to defy me. Who do you think i am?" He smirks at me, waiting for my answer. I don't think he knows anything about a personal bubble. He's still standing just as colse to me with, his finger still over my tattoo. Suddenly, a realization hits me.

"Your...you took my parents.."

I am fifteen again. And i can feel the cold cement hard against my back. I can feel the pain again. I'm lookig over at the wreckage of the car. My parents still in there, their heads lolling to the side. I look above them and see someone hovering, reaching out his hands to them. He had lots of tattooes. That's all i could see of him. Then, i saw my parents..

"Your not supposed to be real. I don't believe in thigs like you. That was just a dream. A nightmare..." I look up at him, and he's frowning.

"Humans. Yes, i know you don't believe in things such as myself. I know your beliefs well. Ever since then, you have convinced yourself that nothing like that has ever happened. Your brain protected itself. But you can't hide from it any longer. You believe if you can't touch it, it's not real." He grabbed my hand and laid it in the middle of its chest. "I am real."

I stare at him, my mouth hanging open. "No.." I whisper. "Your...death..."