Deaths Welcoming Black Wings

Ever had this feeling of being watched? Or you see something out of the corner of your eye and you turn to look and its gone? This is how i feel all the time.  It was annoying at first, but now.. i am so used to it, i don't look around anymore. My name is Azriel, i am 17. I don't believe in heaven or hell, andgels and demons and guardian angels. I think it's all rubbish. If you can't see it or touch it, it doesn't exist.

I look over at my alarm clock. 7:30 a.m. Time to get up and get ready for school. I throw my black and red sheet off me and look in the mirror hanging on my closet door. My hair is brown with red streaks, cut like a boys with  it in spikes sticking out everywhere. Most guys like the long hair, but i am no fan. Girls have to straighten and curl and brush. I mousse it and wa-la. Done. So easy. I open my closet door and grab a pair of jeans and a black long sleeve shirt. Tossing off my t-shirt, i throw on my clothes and grab my shoes and some socks out of my dresser. Running to the kitchen i fix me a bowl of cereal and chew.

I live alone. My parents died a couple years ago.. i lived with my gran at first, but seeing as how she owns this whole apartment building, she let me rent one out. I had a part time job at a book store, which i loved.

After finishing my cereal, i grabbed my bag and ran outside to catch the bus. I sat down on the curb and lit a cigarette. Yeah, bad habit, but what can i say. Everyone dies, mind as well enjoy the ride. I started getting that feeling again, like someone watching me, and again, i seen something in the corner of my eye. I turned to look and was suprised when it actually stayed. It was a guy..

Could it be the same person or thing i have been feeling for years now? It starts making its way to me when the bus pulls up and blocks my view. I toss my cigarette, shrugging my shoulders. I get on the bus and take a back seat. As i sat, i looked out the window. The guy was gone. My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.. Where'd he go? I shrug m shoulders again and lean my head back.

I feel someone sit next to me and turn to look. Steve.

"What do you want, Steve?" i ask, moodily. I wasn't in the mood for my ex. He was a little abusive. Not physically. He put me down every chance he got. Being the person i am, it only lasted 6 months. The first three weren't so bad. He was very gentlemanly, then it changed. I don't think so.

"You can't keep putting me off. I am the only person that will give you the time of day. Everyone thinks your a freak. I mean.. you have no friends and you wear your hair like a boy. Lime green painted fingernails? Come on!" He starts laughing at me.

I sigh and turn to my side, i lift my leg and push my foot against his hip, making him fall in the aisle. "Bite me, and for the last time Steve, leave me alone." I turn and face the window. He just stands up and huffs away from me. Of course it won't be the last time i see him, he never gives up. I don't know if i am a freak, and i really don't care. I am who i am. And i like who i am. No, i don't have friends. Not a single one. It phases me none. Don't get me wrong, i used to. But when my parents died, i just kept to myself.

So, i went through my days at school like everyday. I made good grades. I did my homework. I wanted a good education, so i went.

At the end of the day, I got off the bus and started walking to my apartment lighting a cigarette. I walked down the hallway and see the guy standing at the end, staring at me. I stopped and stared back.

"Hi.." i smile, but he says nothing. So i shrug and continue up the stairs. I walk to my door, and there he is again, standing two doors down from me, staring at me again. Since he's closer, i got a better look at him. He had on a very long black jacket. With black boots. His hair was black, his eyes.. black too. He had tattoos covering his face.. almost like crescent shaped and star shaped tattoos, following along down his neck. Even his hands from his jacket. Did they cover his entire body?

I started getting a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, i grabbed my key out of my pocket and unlocked my door. When i opened it, i looked back and he was gone. How does it keep doing that? Hm. Maybe my imagination? I walk into the apartment and shut the door.