He nodded in understanding. "Umm...there is nothing much to tell..." he scratched his neck, eyeing the gleaming moon. "My mother was an ambitious businesswoman in her young days, so, as kids, Sonia and I were really just left to be taken care of by our elderly nanny who was too stiff and old to move around.

 I remember breaking my mother's favourite tea set that she received as a gift from her royal cousin and avoiding punishment for about a month. That is how long my mother's business trips would be, but I didn't mind. My school was filled with children who had their parents going on tours all the time, so absent parents were really just a norm for us.

 In fact, even after becoming the chosen heir of my dad's business and gang, it was all about business and going through intense training for me until-" he stopped, his voice turning lonesome, pained and defeated. My own heart painfully raced at that. 

"Until you got married," I finished the sentence for him, feeling bitter, confused and in so much pain. This epiphany was agonizing. He briefly met my gaze and nodded, pressing his palms against his eyes. Anything to keep his pain at bay. 

"I never knew what it felt like to actually want someone...make time for someone...until I met her." He moved the palm away from his eyes, his voice reminiscing memories of the past again. "She was just like me, so deprived of family bonds that we instantly connected. And she-I am sorry," he abruptly stopped, eyeing my pained expression. I just couldn't help it. 

His first wife was a huge part of his past, and I had to respect that. But every time he grieved over her loss made me feel so insecure...so hurt. I knew that my husband just needed some time...was confident by the progress we were making that he could care about me just as intensely as he cared about his first wife, but hearing him deeply missing his wife just brought forward the what-ifs. They made me feel so scared.  

"No, it's okay," I tightened my grip around my coffee mug, diverting my gaze towards the swimming pool. "I know your first wife holds a special place in your heart, and I don't want you to repress those emotions. They are a part of you. In fact, I am grateful that you are no longer bottling your true self. It helps you know; talking about pain helps." I raised my gaze to meet his, sporting a soft look. His emotions grew thick at my own.

"I know," he spoke, looking away. 

"Umm...is it time for me to tell you my crazy childhood stories?" I then beamed, trying to change the topic. His torn emotions immediately turned sporting an amused look. 

"How crazy are we talking about?" he smirked, causing me to laugh out loud. 

"Oh, as crazy as it gets," I mused, placing my mug on the table and clasping my hands together in eagerness. "Did you know I was a bike racer when little..." I spoke enthusiastically. Demir simply shook his head in amusement. 

"Oh, I was..." I continued. "My mother literally had to tow me away from following the big kids racing down the main roads. It was hilarious. My obsession with racing was actually one of the reasons that caused my grandmother to divert my attention by making me grow obsessed with archery. Her praise...compliments... just meant the world to me. In fact, whenever she would get hit..." My voice grew a bit shaky at that, but I wasn't going to let my emotions disrupt the mood, again. So, before Demir could speak, I quickly continued with the rest of the story. "I would bring my archery set and show off my skills to her. My grandparents were one of my biggest fans." I beamed, causing Demir to give me a soft smile. 

"That's nice." He placed his right hand under his chin, staring deep into my eyes and showing full interest. I felt nervous under the attention. 

"Umm..." I diverted my gaze away. "Even though my family never had money brimming their pockets, they made sure to spare no expense when it came to keeping the family bonds tight. My uncle always made sure to host monthly family parties at his village home where everyone got to eat delicious bowls of soup, lasagna, chicken bread, vanilla ice cream, and bond with each other. That party was something I eagerly waited for.