What Did It?

(Y/N) P.O.V

Dib's been trying to find out what cut my arm off for some time now. Either he's with me, making sure everything is okay, or taking me out on more dates, or he is avidly searching the crime site and trying to understand what crashed and why.
He's pretty sure it's Zim's fault, but I keep telling him not to jump to conclusions. Then again, Zim's the only alien here, and what crashed wasn't of human origin so it very well could have been him.

"I will find who did this to you, (y/n) I promise." He says to me as we sit next to each other on a picnic a week after the incident. During that week I was ordered by my sister and Dib to make sure I stayed calm and rested a lot to replenish my blood cycle.
"Dib it's okay if we never find out who it is. Look at how cool this thing is." I make a finger gun and shoot a laser at a tree, putting a hole through it.
"How did you..?"
"Your dad upgraded it for me. Your Dad is pretty cool, Dib." I smile, grabbing his hand with my fleshy one and squeeze his softly.
He goes silent but blushes as he rubs his thumb along the back of my hand.
"I'm... I'm still not used to this." He says a little awkwardly, looking down at our hands, but then his eyes look at the robotic one and he gets all mad and hyped up again.
"I will find the thing, The evil, evil little thing that did this to you... I will take their arms. See how THEY LIKE IT."
"Dib! Calm down!" I laugh, making eye contact with his pretty honey brown eyes
"I can't! They hurt you!!" He gets protective, intertwining his fingers with mine, holding my hands close to his chest.
"Deep breaths, you idiot." I say, I can feel my face grow hot because of how close my hands were to his chest.
Any contact with him makes me blush I don't know why.
"Alright, Alright.... Sorry..." He takes a deep breath. "Sorry... I just get so worked up thinking about what happened to you... You didn't deserve that. Sometimes I wonder if it's my fault... Since I'm so deep in this maybe they're trying to kill me and you're getting hurt instead... I can't let that happen." 
"Dib, shut up that's NOT what happened." I laugh a bit, taking my hands back from him.
"But..."
"I need my hands to eat, Dib." I laugh even more, picking up the sandwich and taking a big bite out of it.
"I-I know I just like holding your hands." He says shyly.
He's so bashful, it's so Fucking cute. 
I smile at him, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

I don't really know what's between us right now. He got far more clingy when the incident happened and now he wont leave me alone. Always checking on me, and he's always got Jack Stauber playing on his phone when he sees me.
Which I don't mind any of this, in fact I love it, but it's confusing what's between us right now.

"I really like Candy Eyes, what about you?" He asks me, and I smile.
"It's a good song, Dib. It really is." I take another bite out of my sandwich and place his in his hands.
"Eat, doofus."
"Alright, Alright, I will." He smiles.