Chapter Thirty Five

Flick POV

It had now been seven days since I had returned to New York and we had had that meal at the diner. Since that meal my mind had been full of the what happens next? What lay in store for mine and Tom's future yet it was a subject we had failed to approach when we had been alone with each other. Each one probably to scared to mention it. I knew that Tom's life was in London. His family, his friends, his management and his home so there was no doubt that he would want to return home. Betrayal only had three weeks to go now so I knew that I had to raise the subject with Tom.

It was Sunday afternoon and I was at home lay on the sofa downstairs waiting for Tom to arrive home. I had done the breakfast shift at the diner and returned home shortly after lunch which left me with the house to myself for a couple of hours. I scrolled through all the Christmas films which had been added to Netflix for something to watch. It may have only been mid November but I always loved Christmas.

Half an hour into my film I heard the front door open followed by a scurrying of feet as Bobby ran through to where I was sat before jumping onto the sofa and began to try and lick my face.

"Someone's very excitable today" I laughed as Tom followed him into the room pulling his coat off.

"You know Bobby, you could power the entire of the UK with his excess energy" Tom laughed as he came and sat down beside us.

"Tom I" I nervously began.

"Flick let me stop you" Tom interrupted. I looked at Tom confused but allowed him to continue.

"I guess you want to talk about our future don't you" Tom continued to which I nodded. I was totally mystified as to how he had guessed. "Well do you mind just holding on a little longer till Jack gets home?"

I reluctantly agreed not really understanding what Jack had to do with this all. Yeah he was my brother but he didn't have any say in how I plan my future and I was sure he would respect that.

We both sat in silence awaiting Jack's return from the diner. Tom appeared to be just as nervous as I as he stared at the television screen in front of him but it was obvious that he wasn't paying attention.

It was about two hours later when Jack returned home from finishing his shift. I immediately jumped to my feet startling both him and Tom. My nervous energy escaping.

"Is everything okay Flick?" Jack asked.

"I believe we all need to talk" I replied indicating to Tom.

"Ah yes" Jack replied sitting himself down in the chair opposite the Tom as I took my seat again on the sofa.

"So what's this all about?" I asked now impatient after having to wait so long.

"Right well" Tom began, his voice full of nerves something I wasn't used to as Tom was usually so confident. "Well after Betrayal finishes you know that I will have to return to London don't you?"

I nodded but couldn't meet his eye. I didn't like how this conversation was starting.

"Well sis" Jack jumped in sensing the atmosphere which had suddenly formed. "Well I have an idea."

I turned all my attention to Jack. What did he mean?

"Well I could see this problem was going to come up and I know how madly in love you two are with each other so I have been planning something for a few months now. It is something I have been wanting to do for a while but you may have just given me the perfect opportunity. I only told Tom about it yesterday and now we both know it is time to make the suggestion to you. I have been thinking of increasing the brand and opening more Jack's diners and where better than to open the second diner than in London. It would mean I would visit our parents more often than I do now as Casey and I would be spreading ourself equally between the two countries. I already have a manager for the New York restaurant lined up for during our absences but well we were wondering if you wanted the London job."

"Another diner?" I asked trying to get this all straight in my head.

"Yes and we would like you to run it for us." Jack confirmed.

"But I have nothing in London. No friends, no home" I replied completely shocked by this whole idea.

"You have me" Tom spoke for the first time since I had heard their idea. "Plus Charlie and Zawe are your friends as much as mine now. They both love you to bits and they will both be in London."

"But where will I live? I won't be able to afford a place of my own and the commute from my parents will be too far into the city everyday." I replied still completely shocked by this whole idea.

"Well if you would like to, I was thinking that you could move in with me. I have plenty of room and well Jack and Casey will be staying with me anyway whenever they come to visit their new diner. That has already been agreed." Tom replied.

I turned to look at Jack who just shrugged his shoulders at me. I tried to think this all through. So if I had understood this correctly I would move back to London with the love of my life where I would have friends, a job of my dreams and a home.

"I know there will be times when I will have to be away from London for work but you could have vacations to come and see me and Zawe and Charlie will always be there to keep you company should you need it. I'm sure Ben and Sophie would love to get to know you more too as they loved you when they met you." Tom continued.

"Plus you will be far too busy running my diner to have time to miss him" Jack joked.

It all sounded amazing in my head but I needed time to process this all. I had made quick decisions before in my life and things had ended badly and this decision would be truly life changing. Looking to them both in turn I spoke again.

"I am truly grateful for you both but I need sometime to think before I make any decision. I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not" Tom replied giving my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Take all the time you need."