Chapter Eighteen

Tom POV

The week following the US Open I continued to feel awful. Not able to get over the fact that I had nearly put Flick at risk at being seen by the world's media. She reassured me everyday that she was okay but she was still quieter than usual. I would catch her quietly sat alone deep in thought and whenever I tried to ask her what she was thinking she would always just reply with the same answer. "Oh nothing, I'm just in a dreamworld" before she would then offer me a smile. I knew Flick well by now and I knew that she was still suffering from the events of last weekend and as I watched her finger nails become bitten down again and the redness appear on her bottom lip from where she had been chewing it again, I knew that her anxiety was back.

For our next day off together I decided that I had to make the day extra special for us both. I had decided with the amount of fan pictures that were appearing on the internet just from me going for a run or to grab a coffee that I would have to stop going for walks with Flick. We had been lucky so far not to get caught but there would be that day one day soon where we wouldn't be so lucky. With all that in mind, I had to plan the perfect day where I knew there wouldn't be any cameras.

As I awoke I set to work with my plan. Taking Bobby with me I went on my usual morning run leaving a note for Flick asking her to meet me at my hotel once she had woken. Neither of us had been back to my hotel room in a while and I thought the change of scene would do us both good. We could make it more like a holiday for us both before we would both have to return to work tomorrow.

I stopped off at the store at the end of the run and grabbed us supplies for our day and a bunch of flowers for Flick. I not yet bought Flick any flowers and now seemed as good a time as ever.

As I reached my hotel room I heard the text notification on my phone.

Why do I need to come to your hotel? Flick x

I quickly replied to her

Just trust me. Tom x

Before placing my phone down on the table beside the bed and setting to work. If I knew Flick her curiosity would get the better of her and she would soon be here.

As expected just as I was getting to the end of my preparations I heard a soft knock on my room door. I opened it to find Flick there. Each time I saw her she would always take my breath away with her smile.

"Come in" I said stepping back from the door to allow Flick to pass.

"Are you going to tell me what all this is about?" Flick asked as she sat down on the sofa against the other side of the room. Bobby trotted over to her his tail wagging frantically as he rested his head on her knee and Flick began to scratch behind his ears.

"I just thought we could have a break from reality for the day. A holiday from the world you could say" I replied brightly.

Flick raised her eyebrow at me as I took a seat beside her.

"Look Flick, I know you are struggling at the moment, ever since the tennis incident. I am not stupid and if you don't want to talk to me about it then that's fine, but I just wanted to give you a day for you to forget about the real world and let it just be us. I don't want to be Tom Hiddleston today the famous actor. Today I just want to be Tom, Flick's loving boyfriend who just wants to share his day off with his girlfriend. No drama, no paparazzi, just a day cosied up in a hotel room with unlimited snacks, movies and room service. What do you say?" I ask.

"That sounds perfect Tom... not Hiddleston." Flick replied with a playful smile. A smile I hadn't seen in a week.

"Well then, firstly I have these for my beautiful girlfriend" I said pulling out the bunch of roses I had hiding and handing them to Flick.

"Thank you they are beautiful" Flick replied inhaling their scent.

Once we had sorted out a vase for the flowers I made us both a coffee with the coffee machine and we stretched out on the bed with our coffees and pastries I had picked up on my way over here for breakfast.

Once we had finished our breakfast we looked through the movies available and chose to watch a Disney movie neither of us had seen before. I felt Flick stretching her body out beside me as she got comfortable under a blanket as she rested her head on my stomach. I ran my hair through her hair as we watched the film and it wasn't long till I could her her soft slow breaths. She had fallen asleep. I didn't mind at all I just wanted her to have a stress free day today without any worries and if that meant napping then of course that was fine.

I felt Bobby jump onto the bed and hoped he hadn't disturbed her but Flick continued to sleep on and Bobby lay down and curled up beside us. Right now everything just felt so perfect.

It was a couple of hours later when Flick awoke. She stretched her body out before turning to look at me startled.

"I'm sorry Tom. I'm just wasting our time together by sleeping" Flick said as she pulled herself up further onto the bed beside me and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

"Of course you haven't. This is exactly the day I had planned. I peaceful stress free day" I replied placing my lips to her forehead.

"Thank you Tom" Flick replied keeping her eyes down. "I feel like I haven't really been a great girlfriend this last week."

"Flick you are the best girlfriend I could ask for. I have just been worried about you and hoped today would help you" I reply rubbing soothing motions into Flick's arms with my hand.

"I have just been so wrapped up in my own thoughts, in fact you could say drowning in them that they have took me away from what really mattered which is me and you. I have been so worried about being outed as your girlfriend mainly as I am scared of what your fans and the press will say. I have very little self confidence and I just feel that everyone will hate me just like they did back in the UK." Flick spoke quietly.

"Flick I will never push you to be in the limelight in fact I prefer my relationships to be private it's just I know there is always a risk I can get caught pictured with a girl by the paparazzi and that is usually followed by a media storm. I wouldn't want you to be involved in that especially if you aren't ready for that attention, but I want you to know Flick that you have nothing to worry about. You are beautiful and I can't see why that is not to like. I love you Flick and I am proud that you are my girlfriend." I replied.