Chapter Thirty

Tom POV

There was a buzz in the air around the theatre. Everyone was excited for this evening when the secret would finally be revealed as to who we had chosen to dress up as for Halloween. When Charlie and I had first suggested the idea to the team a few weeks ago they had all been so up for the idea that we had organised the costumes straight away.

The play itself went pretty seamlessly that evening. It was a great audience who laughed in all the right places and kept us all going throughout and then it was time. Once we had done our bows we all dashed off the stage to our dressing rooms. Hung up in all our dressings rooms were our costumes ready for us to quickly change into so that we could get to stage door. Zawe would be Captain Marvel, Eddie would be Captain America, Charlie would be Loki and I would be Daredevil. Charlie and I were most excited to see the reaction of the public as we stepped out into the street having swapped characters for the evening.

The red suit was similar to Loki's as I pulled it on. It was tight and figure hugging but as I pulled the mask on over my head it made me look nearly unrecognisable. A knock came to my door and I turned to see Charlie in costume and be both began laughing.

"Hey mate you nearly look as good as I did in that costume" Charlie said as he stepped into my dressing room in his full Loki costume and wig.

"I think I actually look better" I replied laughing as I adjusted my mask so that I could see better. "Just glad that my Loki costume doesn't come with one of these."

"Yeah they are a bit annoying aren't they" Charlie replied.

Once we were all ready we met Eddie and Zawe near the stage door. You could heard the crowds outside as we waited. They sounded larger than usual, obviously our video on Instagram the other day had brought more people to come and see us.

As the door opened we all stepped outside to the roar of the crowds as they all began to realise who we were dressed as. As I looked around at the crowds I noticed that there were quite a few Loki's and other Marvel characters staring back at me. Fans had also joined us in dressing up for the occasion.

Once we had all been introduced by Charlie, we began to head around the awaiting crowds signing.

I had been signing for about five minutes when I reached a girl dressed as cat woman wearing a black suit and black mask which covered her face. As usually I didn't really get chance to look at her properly as she took her Playbill from her to sign. It was when she spoke that she got my full attention.

"Any chance of a selfie?" She asked. I looked up to see her grinning at me. A smile I would know anywhere and as I looked through the mask I saw those brown chocolate eyes I loved so much. Flick.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered as I turned to position myself for a selfie with her so as not to raise any attention to us both.

"I had always wanted to see the buzz of stage door and I thought tonight would be the perfect opportunity as I could come in disguise" Flick replied.

"Just promise me you'll be careful" I whispered in a tone Flick would know as I was now worried about the situation as I casually moved onto the next Playbill. I caught Flick nod in acknowledgement out the corner of my eye.

I kept an eye on Flick the entire time I was outside at stage door that evening. Between each Playbill I signed I would glance across to her to check that she was okay. I noticed that when Charlie and Zawe reached her she didn't let her identity known to them just letting them sign her Playbill before moving on.

As soon as I made it back inside the theatre I grabbed my phone.

Let me know when you are home safely. I will be home soon. Tom x

"Wasn't that amazing" Charlie said coming to my dressing room still in full Loki attire. But then seeing the worried expression on my face. "What's wrong?"

"Flick was out there this evening." I replied rubbing my temples with my fingers to try and relieve some of the stress.

"Really?" Charlie asked. "I didn't see her."

"Who didn't you see?" Zawe cut in as she joined us both.

"Flick was out there this evening" Charlie replied bringing Zawe up to date with the conversation.

"I didn't see her out there either" Zawe replied.

"She was cat woman" I replied with a sigh.

"Wow I remember cat woman and thinking what a great costume it was. I really did not realise that was Flick" Zawe replied with amazement.

"What's wrong Tom?" Charlie asked taking a seat on the sofa in my dressing room.

"We aren't suppose to be seen in public together. What was Flick thinking of especially this evening. The crowds were so much bigger out there this evening. What if her blackmailer was out there." I replied.

Zawe came and crouched down in front of me placing her hand on my knee.

"Tom I know that the blackmailer hadn't yet been found but you can't let them rule your life. You can't spend all day everyday day worrying about them. Tonight was fun and Flick just wanted to be able to join you in that fun. She was totally unrecognisable in that costume. Nobody will have known who she was. Charlie and I certainly didn't."

I looked up to Zawe who was giving me an encouraging smile across to Charlie who was nodding in agreement to what Zawe had just said.

"The police will have traced this blackmailer soon and then it will all be over. Just try not to let it worry you" Charlie said trying to back up what Zawe had just said.

"Thanks guys" I replied tying to give them both a smile. "I'll try to worry less in the future."