Chapter Nine: Chills

Start from the beginning

"It's none of your business what I look like, Princess. Besides, you aren't looking too pristine either," he snaps, causing me to wince slightly.

I slowly take heavy steps towards him, closing the gap between us. My eyes rake down his body once more, my brows furrowing at the sight of just how disheveled he looks. I reach my hand towards his face and, to my surprise, he doesn't flinch away.

"Drac," I nearly whisper, my heart clenching tighter.

Draco lets out a sigh and leans into my hand, his eyes fluttering shut. He places his hand on top of my own, rubbing his thumb along the back of it.

"I'm sorry," he breathes, "I just didn't get much sleep last night. Too much work to get done, not enough time."

"Work for what? I completed all of your homework before I left," I question, staring at him slightly confused on how he could possibly have anything to work on.

His pale grey eyes shoot open and meet mine, a nervous smile playing at his lips, "Don't worry about it."

I stare into his cold, grey eyes for a moment, deciding whether I should really drop the topic or not. From the dilation of his pupils and the way they continue darting across my face, I know he's hiding something. Though, if he hasn't told me what it is yet, I'm sure it's nothing serious.

Unlike my problem.

"I was thrilled when they called off lessons for today. I was actually on my way to find you, but I forgot what lesson you had," Draco laughs, moving his hand off of mine and to my waist, pulling me firmly against him. As one hand raises to tug on the sleeve of my robe, he leans down to my ear, "I had a slight craving."

Chills run down my spine as his words fan down my neck, the abrupt change of tone coming from him shocking me. His lips leave my ear and make their way to my throat, placing light butterfly kisses against my flushed skin. I swallow the lump that is attempting to rise as I feel my face begin to burn.

"What is it you pulled me in here for, Princess? It looked rather serious," he chuckles huskily, causing my entire body to tense for a brief moment.

"O-Oh," I stammer, regaining my thoughts, "Drac, I have a feeling something bad is going to happen today. That something is going to go dreadfully wrong."

A low rumble escapes his throat at my words, his teeth nipping my skin as he does so. Pulling my robe off, he drops it to the floor, "What makes you think that?" I shudder as his demeanor turns hostile once more.

"Well, you see, Harry's scar started hurting him and-"

"Potter's scar?" Draco growled, immediately leaning away from me. His darkened eyes meet mine and the look in them is painfully murderous. Before I can even blink, Draco slams his fist against the door behind my head, a harsh yell escaping his mouth as he does so.

"Draco, what are you doing?! Are you insane?" I scream, reaching for Draco's now bleeding hand, watching the bruising already beginning to spread.

"Leave it to bloody Potter to get in the way," he grumbles, encircling his wounded hand around my wrist.

In one swift, and abnormally harsh, motion Draco painfully yanks me by my wrist away from the door. As I stammer to keep my balance, Draco flings the door open and storms out of the room. I stare at the doorway, trying to catch the breath that was just so forcefully stripped from me. Bending down, I shakily pick up my robe and pull it back over my shoulders. As I make my way towards the door I nearly get knocked down by another person walking in.

Luckily, two strong arms caught me by the waist just in time.

Cedric lets out a sigh of relief but doesn't retract his arms from around me. A smile forms across his pink lips, though I know he's simply trying to hide the worry seeping through his features.