Chapter Nine: Chills

Start from the beginning

"We have to go to Dumbledore. Now. He's here. He's here and we need to tell Dumbledore," Harry stammers out, his words slurring slightly from the pace of his speech.

He actually came.

"Who? Who's here, Harry?" Ron asks, obviously confused.

My heart stops beating in my chest, the breath coming to a sharp halt in my throat. Trembling, I do my best to keep my balance but can't help but feel a little dizzy. Harry's eyes leave mine and look to Ron.

"Voldemort."

My blood runs cold as the entire room goes silent at the mention of his name. I feel tears beginning to prickle my eyes as I stare into the green ones in front of me. Cedric's hand coming in contact with my back nearly causes me to jump out of my skin. Which soon begins crawling with goosebumps as our classroom door flies open.

"All lessons are cancelled for today. You may do what you please, as long as you remain within the castle. You are dismissed," Snape drawls, his eyes locking onto mine as the monotone words slip through his lips.

My heart begins fluttering at an unusual speed as Snape breaks eye contact and disappears through the doorway, slinking back down the corridor. The faint sound of voices begins filling the room, though they all sound indistinct through my clouded mind. That is, until I feel myself being shook by the shoulders. I blink furiously, in a weak attempt to clear my thoughts, and meet Cedric's gaze.

"Well, are you coming or not?" Hermione asks, her and Harry already heading for the door.

My eyes never leave Cedric's as I slowly shake my head, a shallow breath slipping through my trembling lips. I quickly swallow down the lump in my throat before removing Cedric's hands off my shoulders.

"No. I have something I need to do."

And with that, I run out of the classroom. My heart begins pounding harshly inside of my ears as I sprint down the corridor, slamming into students and walls while on the lookout for the one person I need to see. I nearly tumble down the stairs on more than one occasion, receiving a few snickers from my fellow classmates as I do so. A sigh of relief slips through my lips as a head of white blonde hair comes into my vision. But my mood quickly diminishes as I'm caught by my arm, jolting me to a halt.

"Young lady, just what do you think you're doing?"

I wince at the sound of Grandmother Pomona's voice, slowly turning to face her. Sending her the biggest smile I can muster, I yank my arm out of her grasp.

"I'm sorry, Grandmother, I have somewhere I need to be right now. I'll come by and check up with you tonight, I promise!" I shout back to her as I once again begin running after my target.

"Make sure to bring Cedric with you!"

Ignoring her request, I pick up my pace. I run faster as I follow after Draco, now only a couple yards behind him. Lunging forward, I grab onto his hand and quickly pull him into an empty room, slamming the door shut behind me. Shallow, panting breaths escape my lips as I stare at the Slytherin in front of me.

Who looks rather tired.

The dark circles under his eyes are easy to notice painted against his porcelain face. His tousled hair falling every which way, looking as unprofessional as I've ever seen it. His slightly wrinkled uniform and robes hugging his body tightly, showing off his slouching stature.

"Who gave you the right to yank me around, Sprout?" Draco nearly hisses at me, showing me hostility I have never encountered before.

"Drac, are you alright? You look a little-"