~CHAPTER 1~

It was March 27th, the day Sam Bolton dreaded the most. On this day, four years ago, his parents died. Normal people would usually think of this day as one of commemoration for the dead by remembering all the good things about them, but Sam wasn't normal, not even close. When his parents died, his uncle took him in and raised him as his own. Shortly after, he started to train at the X-Out Academy for Assassins. As a 17-year-old, Sam was one of the most talentedly deadly teenagers at X-Out Academy for Assassins. He could shoot a bullet at anything that moved towards him blindfolded seven consecutive times without missing; he was that good.

If there was one thing Sam knew how to do, it was kill. It doesn't sound ideal, but if you spend four years of your life at an assassin's academy, you learn a thing or two about how to survive this treacherous place called earth. Before Sam came, Matthew was the best; he was even his uncle's favourite, but everything changed. In just two weeks of Sam's training, he had knocked Matthew off the table and become the best, and that was the birth of a great and deadly rivalry.

Sam was in his room, practicing his knife-throwing skills. He was trying his best to vanquish the thought of his parents' deaths and concentrate on anything else, but considering today was the day that marked four years since they died, it was going to be anything but easy to forget his parents and pretend as if they never existed. But if they never existed, then he wouldn't exist either.

There was only one person who could snap him out of his daze. In this trance he had entered, he feared that if he stayed any longer, it would consume him to a point where he couldn't return. It had already started to eat him up the day he started training at X-Out Academy. Michael was Sam's one and only 'friend' at the academy, and he found it almost comforting just to be in his presence, almost like a brother.

Although Michael was Sam's 'friend', there was only so much he could tell him because at the academy they were taught one very important thing:

"Trust no one, be alert, and show no mercy to the guilty!"

This motto was what Sam lived by every day for the past four years since he started his new life at X-Out Academy, and it was what kept him alive. Though he cannot say the same for all the people it's killed, Sam had a great life, and he wasn't going to change that for anyone. Ever!