It's time you knew

I watch her approach me, my palms sweating. Heart racing. I awkwardly scratched my beard.

She was so beautiful. Everything about her was flawless. Well she did have flaws...It just didn't matter to me. Lisa was everything a girl would want to be. Beautiful, inside and out. She stopped about two feet in front of me.

I froze. Sigh. Every time.

" I ...I..."

My mouth went dry.

"Well...abo..." That was all I managed to get out.

"What?"

She folded her arms across her chest and give me an impatient look. I clear my throat and try again, "I wan...um..."

I stare at her full lips as they move. What was she saying? 

I try to concentrate on what she is saying i swear but my brain turns to mush when she's near me. I can actually hear my heartbeats.

"Are you okay?'' she was asking me, her fingers snapping together in front of my face. See? Flaw. I hate that. She does that a lot. But i guess it's my fault for zoning out. This scenario is so funny because she's five feet ...maybe three? And me?...I'm six feet three. Both adults. Right now I just want to hug her. And not talk. Among other things but just to hug her for now. Those lips ...She was biting on bottom lip. Christ! So soft looking.

I groan and close my eyes. I winced as I realize I did that out loud. Her hand went immediately to my forearm. My heart leap.

"Are you okay? You don't look so good." her touch like magic to me. Never in the years I've known her , has she ever touched me. Not even that one time she thought I was going to faint. She instead threw water in my face and then apologized when I didn't.

"Uh..yea. Just have a headache. Mum wasn't so good this morning so i'm just occupied."

She gave me a blank stare.

"Uh, my mind is occupied with er... my mum."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I hope she feels better."

That lie was so easy! What the hell?

"Am yea. It's just a light fever. She'll be okay," I heard my deep voice awkward reply.

"Okay. Good."

I scratched my head straight down to my beard pulling at my chin. I take in a deep breath. This is it. The time has come to confess. No more waiting. Now. Do it. You got this Dom.

I mentally prep myself.

"Race you!"And she took off. I raced behind her and grab her hand. She turns and stumbles, falling lightly as I half catch her, tumbling too and I turn to take the brunt of the fall. My entire world shook as i felt her legs around my waist and her long black hair brushes against my face above me. 

This is not the time but when is ever the right time with me?

Time stood still and neither of us moved. 

Then her lips were on mine.