Shit.

Is it worse than I thought?

Did I die in that fall?

Am I a talking corpse?

Am I destined to bring on the zombie apocalypse?!

"Well, I think his brain is undamaged, " Remus finally spoke, breaking the silence.

"I told your father that you tripped and fell down the stairs, Virge. I didn't want him or Patton to panic. As far as they know you were conscious and were getting changed so we could get your arm checked because it hurt. Which isn't a total lie because the way your arm was bent it looked like you might have broken it."

"Let's just go to the hospital and get this over with. And you're telling them the truth and incurring their wrath, " I slowly stood up and made my way to the door, slipping on my sneakers before heading out to Roman's car with him.

So glad I sleep in my hoodie.

***

Once I got the all-clear from the doctors Roman took us home. I still needed to shower and get dressed. We both did, to be honest.

I glanced over at my boyfriend as we drove home. He was frowning slightly and gripping the steering wheel a lot tighter than he needed to be. His knuckles were white from how tightly he gripped it. And, I could see his jaw muscles clenching.

"Ro?"

"What?" His voice was curt and held an edge to it.

Was he mad at me?

What did I do?

It's not like I planned on having a seizure.

Hell, I hadn't had one that bad in months.

Did he think I was faking it?

Is he planning on breaking up with me now?

Is that why Remus wouldn't look at me?

"Virgil!"

I felt Roman's hands on my shoulders, gripping them and shaking me.

When did we stop?

"Virgil, talk to me. Please, " he pleaded.

"A-are you mad at me?"

"What? No. Why would you think that?"

"Are you going to dump me?"

"No, Virgil! Never! This relationship doesn't end unless you want it too. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, Virgil. I love you."

We started at each other, blushing like crazy. Tears were running down my cheeks.

When did I start crying?

"What's going on, love?"

"You looked mad and when I said your name you snapped, " my voice cracked and I mentally kicked myself.

"Oh, Virgil..." he hugged me tightly and kissed me with so much love I could feel my heart melting inside my chest. "I didn't mean to snap. I was just upset over a call I got while you were getting your CT scan."

"Oh. Why'd the call upset you?"

"I had ordered an anniversary gift for you and I was told that it wouldn't be ready until after tomorrow."

"Roman, that's no reason to be upset."

He kissed my forehead and said he loved me again before starting the car again and driving home, holding my hand.

Once home we took our showers and got dressed. Logan told us that everyone was at Roman's patents' house and he volunteered to wait behind for us in case I wasn't going to be able to make it.

We climbed into Roman's car, he had traded in the sports car for a sedan shortly after we graduated. I'm still not sure why. When we got to his parents' house I was immediately tackled by Patton.

"Pat! Air!" Long and Roman both yelled as my brother squeezed the life outta me. My dad stood to the side laughing and taking pictures.

I made a mental more to remove him from my will should I croak before him.

***

After dinner, we all sat around and caught up with Parton and Sunniva. Since they spent Thanksgiving with us they would be spending Christmas with her family this year. We also learned that Patton had met a guy that was interested in him. Sadly he didn't like the fact that Patton was engaged and polyamorous so it wasn't going to work out.

I smiled slightly as I watched the two lovebirds curl up together as we all talked.

"Virgil?" I looked over to see Roman and Remus walk into the room with all of our parents behind them.

When did he wander off?

Why was everyone standing there?

"This isn't the gift I wanted to give you," he walked over to me and got down on one knee. "But this is quite possibly better because it quite possibly conveys the feelings I wanted to show you even more." He chuckled nervously.

Princey, nervous. Now that's a sight.

"We've known each other for over a year. We've been together for three hundred and sixty-four days. You made me the happiest guy in the world last year when you agreed to go on a date with me last Thanksgiving. Will you make me the happier man in the world by agreeing to marry me this Thanksgiving?"

I started at Roman wide-eyed. My cheeks were burning. I looked from his auburn eyes to his hands. In his hand, he held a simple black and purple band.

"Y-yes, " this time I answered a lot quicker than I had last year.