Chapter Twenty-Three🕷Hand-In-Hand

Start from the beginning

"And I just want to thank Mary Jane Parker for being here this evening. Our prayers are with you Mrs. Parker."

"MJ?" Older-Peter spotted her in the crowd.

"I know it's sad that he and MJ got divorced in his dimension, but it's still weird that they were married and that she's a red-head," I whispered to Peter.

"Pay attention! It's not the same MJ, Peter," Gwen slapped his arm.

"This will just take one sec. Let me just- Oh!" Older-Peter turned and ran directly into MJ.

"Hello. Um, I just wondered if we could have some more bread at table twelve."

"Yeah! I'm just, I'm really sorry..."

"Oh, don't be sorry. It's just bread."

"No, I wasn't there for you when you needed me. And I didn't even try. I know I could do better if I just had another chance to give you... the bread that you deserve."

"We'll get that bread to you right away," I pushed Older-Peter out of the way and covered up Older-Peter's lapse in judgment.

"Thanks."

Gwen and I each put a hand on Peter's arm and pulled him away, through the service door that led to the kitchen and Kingpin's personal elevator. Sneaking through the halls, the Spiders webbed every guard we came across on the way.

When we stopped on the ceiling above Kingpin's office, the Spiders webbed the bodyguards that followed him. Noir shot a web that held open the elevator shaft, allowing us to slide down.

"Secondary ignition in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1."

The collider fired just as we entered the room, making our way through all the construction sets until we reached the catalyst area. Tsunami and I exchanged tired looks. Such a high-roofed, wide-set room would be a pain to move around in without the webbing abilities that all the Spider-Men had.

"Peter, you don't have to stay behind. I can do it," Gwen offered.

"It's okay. I've made up my mind." As everyone else swung to the ceiling, Tsunami and I used blobs of water to hold our bodies in place as we moved across, "I'll put the goober in and take over the beam. After you're gone, I'll blow it up. Good luck, guys."

Older-Peter crawled to the center of the room, where the control panel was. He pulled the panel off, but before he could insert the key, Gwen whispered, "They know we're here."

"Nice to see you again, Peter," Liv emerged from the ceiling, slamming Older-Peter away from the panel.

When we rushed to help Older-Peter, we were surrounded by the rest of Kingpin's henchmen. Throwing up an ice wall in front of myself, I shot my hands forward and threw my body to the platform where the majority of the agents were shooting at us. Tsunami landed right behind me and back to back we each took a side and easily took out every agent on the platform by either freezing them or throwing them off.

"Ah!" I screamed in pain when my body glitched.

"I got you," Tsunami was quick to step in front of me, taking over both sides while I caught my breath.

"Good, I'm good," I pushed myself up, "Let's finish this quickly."

Facing the final agents on our side, I curled my hand into a fist. They all stiffened, and with a jerk to the side, they all fell to the ground unconscious.

"How did you do that?" Tsunami questioned.

"Water in the body equals water we can control," I shrugged, shaking off the last bits of discomfort my morals felt from doing such a thing. Beck was wrong, and he'd always be wrong.