Chapter Twenty-Two🕷Leap of Faith

Start from the beginning

"I'm a photographer for the Daily Beagle. When I'm not pooching around, I'm working like a dog trying to sniff out the latest story. I frolic and I dance and I do this with my pants--"

"And we came from 2023," I cut in before Porker's story could get any weirder, "My name is (Y/n), and this is Peter. He's Spider-Man, I'm not. We're hero partners, and we both got sucked into the portal on a mission."

"How did you get here?" Older-Peter asked.

"We got sucked into a portal and ended up here," all of us answered in unison.

"And now we're just trying to find a way home," Peni concluded.

"The only way home is back through the collider gizmo. The only trouble is-"

"One of us has to stay behind and destroy it."

"I'll do it." Everyone but Peter and I answered.

Consider it selfish, but neither of us wanted to stay behind. We had families we had to get back to, and things we had to deal with. The others may have been willing to lay down their lives for the sake of their inter-dimensional counterparts, but Peter and I were just trying to get home.

"No, no, no, you don't get it," the kid cut it.

In perfect timing, all of us glitched. It was the worst one compared to our two others, lasting even longer and the pain more intense.

"None of you can stay here. If you stay here, you'll die. I'm the guy who's going to turn it off and I'm going to get you all home before I do. Look, I made a promise. So I have to keep it."

The kid had a point. If he really was from that universe, he was the only one who could stay without fear of dying soon after.

"Who are you again?" Noir asked, point-blank.

"This is Miles, and he's going to save the multiverse. This kid can turn himself invisible! Watch this, he can do it... now!"

Miles struggled to turn invisible but he couldn't.

"I can't do it on command-"

"He can't do it on command. But it is cool. Show them the zappy thing, Miles."

Once again, Miles struggled to show off his power, "I can't do it on command."

"He can't do it on command. But he can do so much more, like what else do you do-"

"Just those two things."

The girl, thankfully, cut in, "Look I've seen him in action. He's got potential. I think he's gonna get us home."

She said it with conviction. I knew everyone wanted to believe it, "Okay, little fella, Kingpin's gonna send a lot of mugs after ya, I'm talking hard boys, real biscuit boxers. Can you fight them all off at once?"

"Well, I, I haven't actually fought anyone-"

"Surprise attack," Noir knocked Miles down. Peni jumped in.

"Can you rewire a mainframe while being shot at? Show me!"

"Surprise attack!"

"Can you swing and flip with the grace of a trained dancer?"

"Can you close off your feelings so you don't get crippled by the moral ambiguity of your violent actions?"

"Can you help your aunt create an online dating profile so she can get out of the dang house once in a while?"