Chapter Forty-Two

Start from the beginning

I grunted again, my knees almost buckling as I stepped over a large log. "We are almost there," I almost didn't hear the words at all.

I looked over to the King of Crows to see him not looking at me but the people ahead of me. Was that his way of cheering me on? Well it worked.

Sure enough up ahead tents due to Xion who had ran ahead of us with his personal troops. Xion, the King of Crows, and myself were all one Legion, while Herus and the King of Werewolves were taking a different route. We thought it would be best to flank Kolgrim at the field. Splitting our forces in half.

I sighed in relief as I saw my black and gold flags flying. It meant my troops that were up ahead were safe. Sure I should be worried about everything and everyone. Though a little spot in my heart will always be weak for my own men.

I entered the camp the King of Crows, that I now call KC in my head, alongside me. I stopped at the unloading station and KC helped me unload. I was very grateful for his wordless help. We both don't talk that much because we didn't need to fill the air with useless ramble. I think that is why we worked so well together.

I shifted back into my human form, stretching out the second I could. "Thank you..." I couldn't call him KC, that would be rude, and a little bit insane.

"Cebrus, Cebrus Flerint," he nodded, his face void of emotion.

"Cebrus," I smiled softly, we walked towards the generals tent where Xion was would be waiting. "My name is Sheila."

He nodded his head. There was no ill -will in the notion. He just didn't like to speak much. I opened the flap to the tent, green and gold everywhere, I ducked into it to see the map of where we were all spread out.

"We have a problem." Xion said as soon as we were inside. I raised an eyebrow.

"What is wrong?" I asked placing my hands gently on the table with the map.

"We have traveled to far, to fast." I made a puzzled look. Too fast? Were we supposed to stop somewhere eyes. "The rangers have given us feedback that Kolgrims army is just up ahead."

I gasped quietly, "is he aware? How far away is he?" We could have our cover blown.

"Not yet he is about fifty miles out, close enough that we will need to send out rangers every hour to check his location." Xion said, his eyebrows drawn, this is the most serious I had ever seen him.

"The rangers are going to be terrified to see that their enemy is so close." Xion rubbed his face.

"I'll go out with them." His head snapped up.

"What?" Xion said eyes slightly widened.

"I'll go out with the rangers. If a queen is going out along side them, they will feel like they have nothing to fear, right?"

"Dangerous." Cebrus spike looking to me. "Dangerous for a general."

"Exactly, Zaivinth will have my head if you get injured being a ranger."

"I won't get injured," I shrugged, "plus it will boost moral among the soldiers, not to mention a general will be getting a first hand view of the army."

Cebrus nodded, a hand going to his chin in thought, "yes."

"Yes? Are you saying you agree with her?" Xion looked to Cebrus. He nodded with a shrug.

Cebrus placed a hand on his hips, "smart." He nodded towards me.

Xion sighed, "I can't deny that it is a good idea, though Zaivinth will have my head if you get injured." He looked at me his eyes hardening, "you get back here alive, all men alive or none."

I nodded turning on my heels, I walked towards the opening to the tent, "I'll let them know that will be out there right away."

I CHOSE YOU GUYS OVER KNITTING.

IMG_2568

IMG_2568.GIF

This is what Sheila was wearing

This is what Sheila was wearing. Or if you imagined her wearing something cooler. Imagine away.

This is the basics of what Vince was wearing

CROW MAN FRIEND OR FOE?!

What do you think will happen when she is out doing ranger stuffs?

How will Vince react when he hears about Sheila being a Ranger?

SONG REQUESTS PLEASE I NEED SOOOONGS TO WRITE TOOO!!

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE