Relation (Updated 12/14/23)

Start from the beginning

"Well, with Bella being out so often I figured I would take some time for myself." Charlotte looked sheepish.

"Don't remind me. I am glad she had fun, but I can't shake the sick feeling from when I head about the disappearance... I don't want her out there again. Or her friends. You'll tell her that right?" Charlie leaned back against the counter top.

"I will." Charlotte blushed knowing he was watching her intently.

"So... This... 'time for myself' ... It didn't include any boys, did it?" Charlie's eyes narrowed.

Charlotte's cheeks flushed even redder and she stuttered, "Uncle Charlie!"

"What?! You're a grown woman and you know ... I don't want to be a great uncle yet." Charlie muttered and rubbed his neck with one hand.

"No. Nope. We are not having this talk again!" Charlotte covered her face.

"I just want to make sure you're being safe and all... Are you at least... Still... You know?" Charlie cringed, feeling the fatherly instinct in him roaring to life.

"Charlie! Oh my God!" Charlotte gasped and face planted into the table.

"I mean, I know you always worried about it and were scared about it..." Charlie gulped and felt the awkwardness sky rocket.

"Because you told me if I ever had sex my eyes would explode!" Charlotte shrieked.

"I was just trying to protect you!" Charlie threw his hands in the air.

"I was ten!" Charlotte pointed a fingers

"Well what was I supposed to say?!"

"Anything but that! God, you're horrible! You haven't done this to Bella have you?!" Charlotte prayed that Bella hasn't experienced Charlie's version of the puberty and sex talk. Since he had raised her alone she didn't have a woman to go to... So Charlie read a few books and decided to try his own method.

"Not yet." Charlie shuddered at the idea of Bella having anything like that done with... Edward.

"Don't! If anyone is going to give the sex talk to her it will be me or Renee." Charlotte glared and tapped her foot.

"Not that Reneee was good at the actual thing." Charlie mumbled under his breath at the mention of his ex wife.

"Charlie!" Charlotte gasped, despite nearly exploding with laughter at her Uncle's dig to his ex wife.

"Sorry, sorry!" the man grinned and waved his hand in the air.

"You're so gross! Go to bed!" Charlotte snarled and pointed her finger towards the stairs, the crinkle of her brows reminding him of his sister once again. 

"Since when did you become the adult?" He snorted and slid his hands into his pockets like a disgruntled teen.

"Since you became a nasty old man!" Oh she was gonna get it for that one. Later though. When she wasn't so damn scary looking. 

"Alright, alright. Love you kiddo." Charlie grumbled turning the corner to head up the stairs.

"Love you too." Charlotte sighed and shook her head.

"But you're still a... You know?" Charlie asked one last time peeking around the corner.

"Bed!" Charlotte yelled and pushed him up the stairs.

After Charlie was finally away in his room to sleep the day away, Charlotte collapsed in her favorite love seat. She kicked her feet up and threw an arm over her eyes,"I need a drink." She muttered and eyed the booze cabinet. Looking for anything she would like, she crinkled her nose at the amount of hard whiskey.