i

"Marissa... I haven't seen you in awhile." He stood there awkwardly, waiting for the girl to say something, anything. Situ Feng tried pulling the man in, but his feet were stuck to the ground like glue.

"Hello Mr. Musada, I haven't seen you in awhile. How is your girlfriend?" Marissa's throat started clenching, she could barely even get those words out. His heart started pounding, he could see how much hurt was layered in Marissa's eyes. Situ Feng sighed at the horrible attempt at getting a conversation going.

"Naya is good, also you can drop formalities. How're you feeling?" Mr. Musada bit his lip once he noticed the dark circle underneath his friend's eyes. Marissa laughed a little, tugging at the ends of her jacket.

"I still get nightmares sometimes, but the dark circles aren't from that. My job is just very stressful," she saw something go through Mr. Musada's, or Yuta's, eyes. Sadness, guilt, maybe even regret. He shouldn't be feeling that now, it's his fault they are all in this position.

"How about th-"

"Don't worry Yuta, I am receiving your messages about trying therapy. I just chose not to reply. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date." Marissa straightened out her jacket and walked down the empty apartment hallway. She headed to the stairs, knowing the elevators were still being fixed.

Once she got to the parking lot, there stood Darren Chen, laying against his car.

"We need to talk."

~

"Iced coffee is fine, thank you Darren Chen." She put the paper straw up to her lips, letting the strong coffee taste hit her mouth. He cooled down the black coffee and watched Marissa fidget in her seat.

"What's wrong?"

"What do you know?" Marissa's response made Darren Chen look up at her with a raised eyebrow. He was confused to say the least, but Marissa gave back the same energy.

"What would you like me to tell you?" What did she want him to tell her? Marissa had no idea what Darren Chen was talking about in those messages, he could be thinking about something completely different.

"What do you think I'm hiding?" Finally, she said it. A smirk spread across his face, and then he rolled his eyes, "You looked at the messages I sent Dylan?"

"I want answers Darren, and I want them now." Marissa clenched her jaw, why was he being so annoying today? Darren Chen gave out a long sigh, and then spoke.

"I know that you know the kid who was murdered a couple years back," Darren Chen saw the anger completely drop in Marissa's eyes, they turned to sadness. Her lip started quivering, "Do you know how?"

"No, but you don't have-"

"I'll tell you."

"You'll tell me?" His breath stopped as she got something out of her purse. A small CD. It was labeled, The Night. She nodded and brushed a hand through her hair to stop the panic attack arising.

"But you have to promise to keep a secret."

___

edited.