Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"You want to explain what all that was about?" Blaine's voice was tight but he was the first to break the silence.

Pierce sighed as he looked at Blaine, then moved to mine before speaking. "On Maverick's first birthday, he suddenly starting having a seizure, at least, that's what we believed it was," Peirce recalled. "He would cry in agony whenever we touched him. Ava, just wanted to comfort our pup but it only seemed to hurt him."

Ava looked up sadly at her mate, remembering the pain her baby was in.

"We called our pack doctor and he immediately told us to bring him to the infirmary. We did and even he was confused."

"We stayed there for hours while he was being monitored."

"All he would do was cry," Ava commented. "It wasn't until a few hours later that we realised he was shifting. My little baby, was suddenly staring at me through his wolf form."

Blaine and I glanced at each other, "How can that happen? He's too young to shift?" I asked, staring at Ava.

"We thought the exact same, not even our pack doctor knew why. It wasn't until we did some digging and spoke to a few elders that we realised that our son had a rare gift."

"That rare gift also applies to his mate," Peirce added, looking at Blaine. "They can both shift at the age of one, smell and meet their mate at any age and they both are able to communicate with each other without a mark."

"So, they don't need to mark each other or mate?" My father enquired, confused.

Blaine's head swirled to my dad within a second, giving him a deadly look. "We are not talking about that. My daughter isn't even here yet - we are not talking about mating. My daughter will not be doing that."

I attempted to hold in my laugh but I couldn't help stop it from escaping my mouth.

"To answer your question," Peirce began. "They won't get the uncontrollable urge to mark or mate until they're sixteen. Although they do get all the other symptoms of finding their mate except they are unable to feel each other's emotions."

Blaine glared at Pierce, a growl rumbled from deep in his chest as he was suddenly overwhelmed with the feeling of jealously and protectiveness. "So, there's no separating them?"

I turned towards him, placing my hand over his, "You can't separate mates Blaine, you know this." I answered him, giving him a pointed look.

He frowned, his body began shaking, and he was still clenching his teeth. "How can a four year old claim his mate before she's even born. I haven't even held my daughter yet," He huffed angrily.

"This is going to be very testing," My father agreed, nodding his head.

"It won't be, because it's not happening." Blaine replied, his tone tight. His hands turning white from how tight he was clenching his fists against the table.

I looked at my mate, slightly disgusted with his words. "No Blaine, it is happening."

He briefly looked at me before he directed his gaze to Peirce. "Your son will stay away from my daughter until she's at least sixteen."

"Blaine," I narrowed my eyes on him. "You don't get to dictate in this situation. He's part of our daughter's life now, and that's the end of the conversation." I was gritting my teeth, I was infuriated by his behaviour.

"He's too old for her," He began but Peirce butted in. "He's just over four years old Blaine, he's not forty."

His words coming out sarcastic, and he included an eye roll.