39

"KIM TAEHYUNGIE OPEN THE DOOR!"

Tae jumped out of the couch and pulled on a black beanie before walking to the door to let his short friend in.

"Hi Chim—"

"IS YOONGI HYUNG REALLY HERE?!"

Yoongi peeked over the doorframe from the living room and winced as he watched his excitable roommate get even more excited.

"Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung!"

"Stop. Chill."

"You're no fun," Jimin pouted before shoving the bag of snacks into Tae's arms.

"Oh, where's JK? I thought he'd be here by now?"

"You think Kookie would be here if you texted me when you were a minute away?"

"Eh? Oh, you right! Lol."

Yoongi smacked Jimin's face before leading him to the living room and throwing blankets into him and the sofa.

"Just shut up."

"Oh, c'mon hyung! You know you love me," Jimin said, voice muffled by the blankets.

Jin walked in at the time and laughed at the bickering college kids and the confused yet flustered Taehyung. He took the snack from Tae's hands before walking back to kitchen table.

"Hyung!" Tae was about to start complaining when the doorbell rang again.

"Yoongi hyung keep an eye on Jimin. I want to make sure the kid is ok," Tae said hinting at Jungkook being at the door.

Yoongi nodded in understanding and went and sat on Jimin's covered body. A yelp was heard as Jimin started to push against the blankets and his hyung.

Meanwhile, Tae tan to the door and whipped it open seeing a close to tears Jungkook shaking at the doorway.

"Jungkookie!" Tae exclaimed worriedly.

"I-I'm fine. I'm just kinda scared?"

"Why Kook?" Tae asked leading him to his room.

They sat on the bed before Tae looked at the younger to explain what's going on.

"You passed your term exams so that shouldn't be affecting you. Is there something else that happened recently?"

"Something's been bothering me recently..."

"What's up bunny?"

"Remember that day when I walked by your house? You didn't look so well. You also told me not to worry...BUT! I'm done with exams now and can finally listen to you! Tell me what's bothering you. You never tell me and no offense but the closest friends you have are me, Jimin, Jin hyung even though he's your brother, and recently Yoongi hyung."

"Yeah, and? I'm fine with you guys—wait a minute. You came here crying because of that?! No way! What's actually going on?"

"I'd rather not say. Just answer my question first. Hyung? You're not hiding anything right? You're not a bad person?"

"Look. People can hate you and tell me terrible things about you but I'm not gonna believe them. It's your choice if you want to believe people who say I'm bad or not. And let's be honest, I won't blame you if you find me repulsive."

It was Jungkook's turn to look concerned.

"Why would I ever think that?!"

Tae began shaking in fear of Jungkook finding out about his secret. He roughly rubbed his hair through his beanie where the tufts of fur, which had finally gone back in, began to pop out again. He didn't want them to, but he was too frightened to be able to do anything about it.

"Yoongi hyung..." Tae weakly whispered out.

Jungkook, thankfully, caught on and ran out of the room, once again in tears of worry, running for Yoongi.

"Hyung! Tae's calling for you!

Yoongi shot up from the couch and ran for Tae's room. Jungkook tried to enter as well but with a look from Yoongi he figured he'd rather go back to wait with Jimin.

"Tae?" Yoongi questioned carefully.

"Hyung?" Tae whimpered out, "They're back...Jungkook almost saw them."

"Taehyung. You know that Jungkook wouldn't have hated you for that right? Why don't you tell him?"

"Because it's disgusting!"

"I've told you in many ways that it's adorable. In no way are those ears or tail disgusting. Otherwise I wouldn't still be here now would I? I just don't want them to pop out because that means you're scared. Otherwise I wouldn't mind a little kitty cat with me, now would I?"

"I-I guess not."

"Good. Now do you want Jungkook to know or not?"

"I don't know..."

"What about Jimin?"

"I'm not sure about him either..."

"Flip a coin?"

Tae looked at him with confusion written across his face. Yoongi on the other hand had come prepared and grabbed the coin from his pocket.

"Heads I get to choose and tails you tell them ok?"

Tae nodded his head before he could process what Yoongi said.

Yoongi flipped the coin and it landed in heads.

"Alright. You tell them."

"Wait—what?!"

"You can do it! I know you can. Jungkook! Come here! I'll go out and get him ready ok?"

Tae looked at Yoongi with his cat like eyes in fear of rejection. Yoongi smiled and tenderly wiped away Tae's tears that were slowly falling down his pink cheeks. The same cheeks that blushed pink every time he laughed. Yoongi really didn't like his kitten to be sad, but Tae needed to trust those close to him otherwise, as Jin had told him privately, Tae wouldn't know who to trust if he was attacked or pushed into a fearful state.

Yoongi walked out of the room and saw Jungkook pacing.

"Hyung, is he ok?"

"Yeah. He's fine. Where's Jimin?"

"His parents called. Apparently hyung was trying to escape from seeing them. He actually thought he could run away," Jungkook chuckled.

"Jungkook, Tae wants to talk to you, but before that you need to know that he's sensitive right now. So please choose your words wisely ok?"

Jungkook tried to look past him, but only saw Tae with his hood on, facing the other direction.

"I'll be in the room with you, but please hear him out. He's scared you'll hate him for what he's about to tell you..."

"I'll be careful! I promise!" Jungkook said confidently wanting to somehow do something for his kind hyung.

After Jungkook, Yoongi was about to walk in before he was stopped. He turned around to see Seokjin.

"You might as well have told him what he was about to see, lover boy," Jin teased.

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "You don't exactly have the right to call me lover boy, hyung. At least I didn't fall  for a guy just by seeing him break my shit. I actually got to know my man before," Yoongi smirked. His face became a little more serious as he went into the room hoping that the best would come out of this exchange between young friends.

-

A/n

I wrote this chapter yesterday...I'm actually proud of this one! It's definitely longer than the shorter chapters! It's 1111 words!!!