One

Ayane applied lipgloss to her lips and put in her hoop earrings. It was the first day of summer break and she was excited. Every summer since her parents got back together, her younger sister, Savannah, and her oldest brother, Raymone came to spend the summer with them. That meant family vacations and fun trips.

"Daddy is gonna flip when he sees you wearing that," Asami said, coming out of their bathroom.

Ayane looked at herself in the mirror. She wore a light pink crop top, high waisted shorts, and pink Vans. She shrugged and moved her long hair over her shoulder.

"He always has a problem with what I'm wearing. I have to look cute, though. I'm hanging out with Jordan today."

Assmi scrunched her face up. "Since when have you and Jordan started hanging out?"

"Since I kissed him when he spent the night here."

Asami's eyes widened. "Ayane!"

"I know, I know. He's Rihmeek's best friend, blah blah. Cover for me."

"Girl, what? Where are you going?"

She looked at Ayane, grabbing her phone.

"To the park. I won't even be gone long. Just don't let Mommy and Daddy know that I'm gone. I'll be back in like thirty minutes."

"Ayane, I will fight you right now. What are you about to do at the park?" Asami asked, crossing her arms.

Ayane huffed. "We're just gonna talk and probably kiss and stuff. It's not like I'm giving him my virginity."

"Nope. Cancel that right now or I'm telling Rihmeek that you're creeping with his best friend."

"You're gonna snitch?" Ayane asked, scrunching her face up.

Asami nodded. "Yes! It's a bad decision. That boy is older than us and he probably only wants what's in your pants, Ayane. Plus.. as your sister, I can't let you go alone, and I'm not going to the park."

"Fine. You get on my nerves. Don't talk to me for the rest of the week."

"You're mad because I won't let you go be a little freak?"

Ayane walked off, slamming the door. She went downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water before walking out.

"Nope, come here!" Nicki called her back.

She sighed and walked back in. Nicki looked at her and shook her head. "Go change. Those shorts are way too short."

"They're supposed to be short... they're shorts."

"Ayane, it's gonna be your mouth for me..." Nicki said, warning her.

Ayane sighed, sitting down. "Sorry. I'm just annoyed by Asami. She's so.."

"What?" Nicki asked.

"She never does what a sister is supposed to do. She always lets me get in trouble," Ayane said.

Nicki laughed. "She's just looking out for you. You like to be wild. She doesn't want you getting hurt."

"She's no fun."

"Well, what did she do to make you say that?" Nicki asked, sipping on her smoothie.

Ayane shook her head. "If I tell you, you're gonna be mad."

"Promise I won't."

"Okay... I was gonna sneak out and meet Jordan at the park. I asked Asami to cover for me, but she said if I leave, she was gonna tell."