Explanations

Chapter 9

***
I awoke expecting to be at home, my eyes flashed open as I noticed the unfamiliar room, confused as to where I was. I sat up, looked around a while allowing myself to wake up fully when I realised I was in Sakura's room.

I jumped out of bed deciding to attempt to find her. I searched every room on the top floor of her house before giving up as I could hear her parents downstairs. I strolled back to Sakura's room and exited through the window leaving her a note which read 'hey er so I'm not sure how I ended up at yours but it can't cant be good so sorry. See you later'

Just as I placed the note on her remade bed I felt a hand on my shoulder.
'Where do you think you're going?!' She growled. 'You have some explaining to do.'
'Ha well, heres the thing' I scratched my head and smiled nervously. 'If you know how I got here, you know more than me.'
'Sasuke.' She said simply.
After a while I realised a breath I didn't realise I was holding.
'H-how do you k-know?' I felt ashamed. Not only for lying to my friend but for not telling anyone the truth. They deserved to know, they were almost as worried as I. So that's what I did. I made myself comfortable on her bed and gestured for her to join me before I began my longwinded explanation.

After I finished she seem shocked yet she accepted it all without questions.
'You should tell Lady Tsunade.' She stated.
'I know, I've been putting it of but I intend to today.'
Without saying another word I climbed through her window and onto the roof, smiling at her then making my way home. It was still early which meant I had time to see Sasuke and find out what happened yesterday.

***

I swung on a high brach of a tree on the border of Konoha looking out over the village I used to call home. I have no home now, but at least I haven't lost all. I still have Naruto.

'Sasukeeeee!!' I heard a deep manly voice call out nearly sending me falling from the high branch.
'Hey! What's the big idea?! Are you trying to kill me?!' I shouted back smirking. A few moments later e had joined me in the tree watching over Konoha.

We sat there in comfortable silence for a while before I spoke.
'I really miss it there you know..' I released a huge sigh of regret.
'M-maybe you could come back?' I stuttered becoming more confident further through the sentence.
'Sakura wants me to tell Granny Tsunade about all this and hope she'll accept you back.'
'I think the chanced of the happening are far too slim now.' I paused unintentionally collecting tension. 'I-I'm s-sorry Naruto.' I mumbled bowing my head.

He slid his soft hand through my curtain of hair before reaching my chin and encouraging me to lift my face. My stomach tingled as every sense in my body awoke. I gazed at his pure blue eyes, glittering like a calm ocean.
'Don't be sorry.. You did what you had to. Now that's all over and maybe we can start anew.'
I tried to hide my ecstasy but I knew it would be obvious in my eyes, as it was in his. I loved this boy more than anything I'd ever felt before. I promised myself I would never allow something to come between us again, even if he will never love me back.

'Please help me come home Naruto.' I whispered in despair. He nodded and smiled sincerely. I couldn't hold back any longer, I knew I'd regret my next action but still went forth. I raised my hand to stroke his face, watching his expression change to confused the once again happy. Good enough for me, I slowly leaned forward not breaking our eye contact and pressed our lips together. I opened my eyes for a split second to see his shocked face which shattered my heart. He suddenly pulled away loosing his grip on the branch. He fell but managed to grab ahold of the thick branch. I held my hand out to offer help in a moment of emergency but he failed to grab it and remained hanging lifelessly.
'NARUTO?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! Grab my hand you teme!!'

He did as I ordered but once he was on safe ground ran back to Konoha without hesitation. What have I done?!