Nineteen: Falling Apart

Start from the beginning

Tcetorp reh morf eht drol fo soahc

Noiralk Kaelb

Noiralk Kaelb."

The stone disappeared within the dome. The lat of the light left the shield and it began to disperse. It began breaking apart, revealing an unconscious but clean looking girl.

Before I could react however, the shield, which was still deteriorating, burst in a final release. It knocked myself, Juanita and Henry backwards and against the wall.

Every breath of air in me left as I felt my back connect with the temple wall. La'gann caught me as I flew towards the ground, before everything went black.

~Nightwing~

Wondergirl caught Juanita before she hit the ground, but Impulse, Viper and Blue failed in catching Henry. I ran over to Hana, who was being supported by La'gann.

She's breathing, just, but I smoothed her hair back gently.

"Hold her," I said, before standing and approaching the magic circle.

Batgirl and Bumblebee were tending to a still unconscious Raven.

I reached out to grab her, but instead fell backwards when the temple suddenly shook violently. 

"Everyone out!" I commanded. 

Most of the Team made it out, but the doors slammed shut behind Viper. I was left in here with Batgirl, Bumblebee, Laurel Destiny, Raven, La'gann, Robin and Hana.

'Nightwing! It's Klarion! He's tracked the temple down!'

'Where are you now?'

'Aboard the bio-ship! We can atta-'

'Negative. The only person fit to take on Witch Boy is out cold and in here.'

'So what, we wait until he spots us or kills you!?'

'I won't let that happen!' Hana's voice suddenly said. I spot her being held of by Lagoon Boy.

"Destiny, Bumbleebee, Lagoon Boy. Do everything you can to break down the walls. Klarion couldn't care less about what happens to the temple; just the people inside."

"What about us?" 

"Batgirl, stay close to Raven. I-I'm going to try and portal you guys into the ship."

"But you just used all that magic!" I argued.

~Hana~

"I'll be fine," I smiled, though I failed to mention that I was already in agony. "Go with Batgirl. Pick up Raven. Robin, stay with me and try to deflect any rubble."

With the temple shaking like crazy from whatever the hell Klarion was doing, I tried to gain as much energy as I could, breathing deeply.