Chapter 4

" Zim, you need to talk to me sometime."

" Zim, don't be upset with me."

" You're breaking my squeedlyspooch."

[M/N] stared at the closed lab door, he can hear Zim tinkering behind it. The small zaps and small electronic arms working with Zim. Zim has been locked up behind the main lab door since yesterday night, and it was now the afternoon. Much to his surprise, Zim had left very early this morning for school. [M/N] couldn't make him a sugary breakfast or anything for lunch.

The second that Zim came home from school, the Irken bolted off into his Lab. " I have to go to work now.." The taller Irken said softly, hoping that Zim would heard him. [M/N] didn't expect him to be this upset with him. He felt kind of bad getting the job now. Pressing a button on his watch, he went from Irken to Human in seconds. This time wearing a black button up shirt and a grey sweater over it. Nothing else changed but the shirt. " I made you dinner, if you're hungry." [M/N] bends down and placed a plate of three chocolate chip cookies beside the door with a cold cup of chocolate milk by the door.

[M/N] touched the door briefly before slowly walking towards the platform to be taken up on. Once on the first floor, he pats GIR's head. The cute little robot was watching tv and eating the rest of the chocolate chip cookies happily. " BYE GRANDPA!" The robot screeches before stuffing more cookies into his mouth.

[M/N] smiles before sensing the change of weather making him sigh, he grabs the umbrella from the closet by the door. It was a big yellow one he had seen at the store. Rain hurt him, he ducked into a store and bought a yellow umbrella when he saw a human female use it to cover herself from the rain. [M/N] walked with the yellow umbrella covering him from the water, his eyes lowered as he walked towards the Membrane household.

Zim and [M/N] never really fought before, of course there was some spats when it came to training or when Zim acted out more in public where other Irk leaders and generals were around. [M/N] had spar with Zim many times as well, but never really intended his all to hurt the smaller Irken. They never fought.

This is basically one of their first fights, and he hoped [M/N] would forgive him soon.

[M/N] was at the membrane house, he closed his umbrella once he was on the porch and placed it in the umbrella holder outside. He was on time, as usual. He knocks and the door opens to Dib. " [M/N]!"

" Hello to you as well, Dib." [M/N] enters once Dib moved back, he shuts the door behind him. " How was school today?" Dib falters a bit but kept smiling.

" W-Well..I had this amazing idea for a project for English class, but the book I needed for it was taken. The guy doesn't even read! He only wanted it because I did! Now, I don't have a book for the project and it's due next month." Dib said, the bully took the book he wanted, a Sherlock Holmes book. The only thing that made his day was when kids poked fun at Zim for wanting to read a book that was meant for children. Ms.bitters dismissed Zim the idea of reading the book and shoved one into the green aliens hands.

" Do you need help with the project?" [M/N] asked, his attention on the human young man. " Or perhaps help picking out a book?"

" A-Actually.." Dib stutters, anxiety going through him and [M/N] could smell it. " Uh..C-Can.."

" He wants to go to the library with you. Dad said he can't go unless you go with him." Gaz said as she walked down the stairs, she was dressed for the weather. Over her clothes was a purple rain coat and a hood covered her hair. " Here dummy." Gaz throws a dark blue rain coat at Dib's face. Dib snatched it off and grumbled as he puts it on. " what's wrong?" Gaz asked as she looked up to [M/N].