A female voice spoke in the Captain's ear but he didn't respond. 

"I know you're nervous," Steve said, putting down her notebook. "And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." 

Anna shook her head. "I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." She looked at Bucky for help. 

"It's true. She was here with me the entire time," he stated, stepping over to her. She backed away and Bucky stopped in his tracks. 

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now," Steve said. "And they're not planning on taking you alive." 

"That's smart," Anna replied, earning a confused frown from Bucky. "Good strategy." 

Footsteps were heard above them and Anna looked at Bucky. "You need to leave. I'll find you after this is over," she told him. 

"I'm not leaving without you," he stated. 

"Yes, you are." She took a filled backpack from behind the couch and pressed it in his hands. "Go." 

Bucky grumbled a few words before shooting Steve a glare. "Go, Buck," Steve said and Bucky left the apartment, rushing down the stairs and taking the first bus that passed the apartment block.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Anna," Steve said. 

Anna sighed tiredly, listening to the footsteps in front of the apartment door. "It always ends in a fight," she said, fumbling with the gloves around her hands. 

"You pulled me from the river," Steve stated. "Why?" 

Anna pulled off the gloves, revealing the shiny silver metal of her left arm. "I don't know." 

"Yes, you do," Steve said softly. The woman in his ear started shouting and the next second, a grenade was thrown through the window, a second following quickly. The first grenade exploded, leaving a black stain on the floor. Anna kicked the second toward Steve, and he was quick to place his shield over it, reducing the explosion.

A loud clang sounded as people were forcing open the door that Anna had locked as soon as Bucky had left. She hurled the kitchen table through the air and it was trapped between the door and the wall across from it. 

Two men in black protective gear entered through the window and Anna was quick to punch one of them in his face. The other opened fire but Steve took care of it by ripping out the rug from under his feet. Two more men entered, through the door this time, and Anna knocked one unconscious and kicked the other through the door he had come through. 

Steve took a hold of her arm. "Anna, stop!" he exclaimed. She whipped around. "You're gonna kill someone!" She twisted his arm and flung him to the ground. She slammed her fist through the wooden floor and looked her brother in the eyes. 

"I'm not gonna kill anyone," she panted before pulling out the backpack she had stored there ever since she moved into this apartment. She tossed it through the window while keeping her eyes on Steve, who was still on the floor.  

More agents in black uniforms entered and Anna rose her arm as they opened fire. The bullets ricocheted off the metal and Steve rushed to protect her with his shield. Anna pushed him through the window and he landed on the balcony, taking down the agent with the gun. 

She blocked the other agent's shots as she approached him. She slammed his head into the wall, leaving a large crack before ramming him through the table. She listened for a second and bashed her hand through the wall next to the front door, knocking down one of the agents on the other side. 

She removed the door from its hinges and fought off the agents waiting for her on the other side. An agent came in on a rope through the window on the roof and bullets rained down on Anna, but she shielded herself with her arm as she grabbed the agent's gun and slammed him against the wall. He hung in the air like a rag doll and didn't move. 

Anna wrapped the battering ram the agents had brought around her arm and used it to bash down the agents coming at her. She had to get out of here. 

A battalion of agents jogged up the stairs and Anna's eyes widened. She jumped forward and used the man in the air as a way down. She landed on the floor below and Steve leapt after her. 

As she broke a man's arm and tossed him over the railing, Steve held him by his collar, keeping him from falling down further. "C'mon," he pleaded. 

Anna replied by smacking a man in the face with her elbow. She jumped over the railing and smoothly landed a few floors down after taking a hold of the metal railing. It bent severely under her weight but luckily didn't break. 

She kicked down the door and sprinted through the empty hallway. She approached the edge and without another thought on her mind, she jumped.