「001」

ー※

ー※

"Hah… hah… ngh…" You were suddenly woken up when you felt that you were carried.

You opened your eyes and there you saw, a beautiful lady that seemed to be in her late or early 50s. You once looked intently at her, there you saw a pretty young girl slaying demons with her blue Nichirin sword.

'Ah, a demon slayer? W-wait, my mother! My mother!'

You were trying to get out of the woman's grasp but she seemed to be holding tight on you as she jumped from tree to tree.

"Listen (Y/N)-chan, don't move too much. Unless you want us to fall." The woman has such a beautiful and soft voice, and her smile, her smile was perfectly fitted for her image. While you, a more younger woman than her, smiles like a sheep.

~~~

"We're here." The woman safely landed to the ground and finally let you go. Still shocked by what happened, you fell onto your knees and started crying.

"Hey, are you okay?" The woman leaned over to you as she looked at you with sympathy.

'You think? You think I'm okay?! My family just died, and I saw my mother getting killed in front of me! And you think I'm okay?!

Being the polite girl you are, of course that wasn't your reply. Instead, you were speechless, the vulgar scene still repeating inside your head. You can tell, you were traumatized by what happened, and now, you got another reason to become a demon slayer, bring justice for your family.

"I see, I'm sorry if I asked such a question. But (Y/N)-chan you can't just shout at me like that." The woman sweatdropped.

"W-wait, did I said that out loud?" Your tears suddenly stopped and went to look at the woman in front of you.

"I can read your thoughts deary~" You looked around and there you saw, you were inside a very beautiful compound with wisteria trees surrounding the house behind you.

"How about we come inside my house (Y/N)-chan?" The woman stood up and went inside the house, you followed her inside and saw maids bowing at her. There were foods settled down on the dining table, you looked down at the food, it was too many and you thought that it was heaven.

"How about we sit and talk about what happened (Y/N)-chan?" The woman smiled at you. You went to sit down in front of her as she prepare your own food.

"First off, let me introduce myself first. I'm Kiko Hare. I'm your mother's childhood best friends, and yes, we both joined the Demon Slayer Corps." Hare smiled at you before eating her rice cake.

"D-demon slayer? Hare-sama, I t-thought my mother never joined the Demon Slayer Corps." You stuttered, still shaking in fear and also from shyness.

"Oh? I thought…" Hare suddenly trailed off as she went into deep thought.

¤

"Chikyu, when you finally go to labor… would you tell your kids that you became a pillar? And on top of that! A Sacred Prayer to the God of Earth Pillar! My God that was sooo long." Hare said mumbling the last sentence, while playing with her nichirin sword.

Chikyu giggled. She was pregnant with her first child; Kowuzaki Tsuki.

"Hare… I think it's better if once I become a mother, I'll forget about my demon slayer life. I'm afraid I'll put my family in danger." Chikyu frowned, she clearly didn't want to retire but she had to, for the sake of her growing family.

"But Chikyu! You're still eighteen! Why not after giving birth to Tsuki, come back and become a demon slayer?! And besides, you'll be giving birth in August." Hare exclaimed, tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, you know that Muzan is after my family, especially that I'll be having a child." Chikyu slightly giggled as she looked at her big belly with the beautiful baby inside her.

"That's not going to help Chikyu! Your husband, that goddamn Seiun, is still going to continue to be a demon slayer, and yet! You… You're going to quit?! This unacceptable! Huhuhuhu." Hare grabbed Chikyu while she shed tears, wetting Chikyu's tulips-patterned kimono.

"Don't worry, I bet that one of my daughters will be able to continue and master the Sacred Prayer to the God of the Earth." Chikyu smiled sweetly at Hare which made the girl cry even more.

"D-don't worry! Once I get married to Sakonji-kun, we'll definitely have a beautiful child!" After crying, Hare now has heart eyes and hearts flying around her head while she thinks of Urokodaki Sakonji; the Water Pillar.

"As if he's gonna marry you, he's too busy slaying demons." The both young women continued to tease each other until dawn came.

¤

'What was that? That was sooo awkward, too awkward and such deafening silence.'

You thought while awkwardly sweating at the situation that you were in.

"Hare-sama?" You asked the old woman as she snapped back into reality.

"I'm so sorry for spacing out. Haha, it seems like you're pretty nervous around me. Don't worry! This former Weather Pillar will make you happy again! I'm so happy, I'm finally going to be a mother figure to this gifted child!" Hare's eyes turned into stars while her hands were clasped together as she daydream.

"F-former weather pillar?" You fiddled with your food as you stared at it. You were a nervous wreck and you still don't know why.

"Hey, no need to be scared. I'm not someone with so much power to be feared at." Hare smiled sweetly as she tone down her voice a bit.

Her soft voice and sweet smile, it was so sweet that it reminded you of your mother, it's only been an hour yet it felt like billion years since you saw your mother. Just by thinking about those things, it made you want to cry so bad.

"Now now, there's no need to be sad. How about I tell you a story."

ー※