「introduction」

Introduction: Cruelty

ー※

I was born in a well-known and wealthy family. We lived in a very populated village. Our clan has been known to be demon slayers, generation by generation. It was said that our family uses only one breathing technique. Breath of Space.

Sometimes I would think...

'Breath of Space? I don't think that's the only breathing technique we can really do, I think mother really is a demon slayer before.'

But being the fourth child of Kowuzaki Chikyu and Kowuzaki Seiun, I can't say anything. I was too young to say such things, but despite being the third to the last youngest children in our clan, my mind was mature enough to understand difficult things.

Our family was different among all the families of my uncles, our eldest sister didn't want to be a demon slayer, instead, she became a nurse to help all the injured demon slayer. My older brother, he was supposed to follow my father's footsteps, but eventually, he gave up. My second older sister, she wanted to become a business woman instead of a demon slayer, she said it was too dangerous and it was time to stop our families dangerous tradition of turning each and one of us a demon slayer. And my youngest brother, I don't really know what he wants, but it's up to him. And me...

I want to follow my father's footsteps. I want to save people and make my parents proud of me. But I was still small to start training. And so, I just went to a normal school just like my siblings.

I knew school wasn't for me. I was failing in academics after my father died. My father died because of a severe illness when I was nine years old. And because of that, I became depressed and failed school. Despite being depress at such a young age, I still kept moving forward through life and continue studying. But after my father's death, problem was still there, my grandmother (father's mother) kicked us out of our clan's compound.

We moved out and continued living on a mountain. At first we thought it was a bad idea since there could be demons lurking around, but as soon as we move in, my mother started to grow wisteria trees.

After a few years, we finally felt at ease, but the feeling of danger was still there.

It was at that night, I came back home late because we had done a group homework at school. Once I was near our house, even when I was still a few feet away, I saw blood, my family, and a demon.

I ran faster than the speed of light, but along with my running, I felt fear, anger, and nervousness inside of me.

'What am I doing? Even if I went running for them, there's nothing I can do. They're already dead. What can I do? Let myself die too? What? What?'

Those were the words that I thought to myself as cold sweat ran down through my face.

Once I reached our house, there, I saw my mother, holding a Nichirin blade with a gradient color of green and black that matches her eyes that was glaring daggers at the demon that was wearing a very fancy tuxedo. I stayed behind a burned wisteria tree. I was staring intently at the demon, and there I saw unpleasant things.

A mountain of dead bodies of humans, with that man sitting on top of them, and there was twelve other demons at the bottom of the mountain of dead bodies.

As I was occupied with what I saw, I heard my mother said.

"What's your purpose Muzan?! Why do you have to kill my children?! Ha?! Why?!" My mother was shedding tears as she said this.

"Well, well, your family has owe me big time Chikyu. Not Seiun's but your family. Your mother had the time to resign to being a demon slayer after she had a battle with me, and now you, we both didn't had a battle and yet you resigned?! My purpose here is... I want to kill all of your family's offspring, since the Shizen family is the only one that can master the Sacred Prayer to the God of Earth."

"Haha, that statement clearly shows that you're a coward! Kibutsuji Muzan is a coward! HAHA!" Mother still got the guts to laugh at the demon.

"Why you still got the time to laugh at me?! Haha, I'm not coward. It's just that, smelling the blood of the Shizen family pisses me off." After that man's chit chatting, mother and the demon started to faught.

'Mother.'

I didn't notice that I was already crying until, there I saw. My mother was laying dead at the ground, laying at her own pool of blood. I can't take it anymore. I went running to my mother, not caring if there was a demon in front of me.

"My, there's still one. Aren't you a cutie, you resemble your father very well, but I sense that you have the same attitude as your mother. Why not become a demon instead? I bet you can be reliable for me." I quiver in fear as the demon came closer and closer to you.

"M-Muzan! Don't y-you dare come c-closer to m-my daughter, s-she's a special o-one." My mother had the urge to sit despite having many severe wounds and her legs cut off.

"You old woman, you're still alive? Well, I don't give a crap if she's special or whatnot. All I need is a reliable demon." The demon bent down the same level as you.

"I-I'm sure s-she can master t-the Sacred P-prayer t-to-" Before my mother could ever finish her sentence, the demon stood up and stepped on my mother's head.

Splat!

Her inner organs was splattered all over the place and her blood covered my face.

"M-mother..." All I could do was stare at her headless body.

"Now, I'm just going to take you with m-" The demon was cut off by a loud voice of a woman.

"Kibutsuji Muzan!! Leave the child alone and fight us!" I looked at the direction where the loud voice came from, and there stood four or six people.

"Pillars." The demon whispered as he went facing them.

"Don't get any near the child!" Shouted the girl from before.

But still, the demon wasn't bothered but instead, he faught with the demon slayers.

ー※