9 ↠ this isn't home

Comincia dall'inizio

      "Hello Elaine," the woman said. 

      "Who are you?" Lane asked.

      A small smile spread across her lips, "My name is ALIE," she answered, "and I can take away your pain."

Polis
2149

      Lane woke up in a cold sweat. She looked around in a panicked state, but soon realized that she wasn't in any danger. Breathing heavily, she hung her feet off of the bed in the guest chamber and looked down at her arm. She rubbed the spot where Willow had put the needle. This memory felt more like a nightmare. She had been so afraid in those moments. 

     The note that was in her box of things in the bunker came back to her mind: Don't trust ALIE. Some pieces were slowly starting to come together. Did ALIE have something to do with Lane ending up in the hyper sleep? 

     Lane shook her head and rubbed her tired eyes. She glanced out the window in the late afternoon. The sun was hanging low in the auburn sky. Lane's nap had turned into a deep four hour sleep, and now it was time for her to go to Lexa with her decision. Lane stood up, grabbing her coat from the end of the bed. She opened the doors of the guest chamber finding three guards standing at the end of the hallway with spears in their hands. Masks covered their faces, but Lane could feel their careful eyes on her as she walked towards them.

     "I'm ready to see the Commander," she said.

     One of them nodded and motioned for Lane to follow him. She rehearsed her speech in her mind, only hoping that the Commander would like her idea. Lane spotted Hagen standing outside the throne room. His icy eyes met hers as he opened the door and followed her into the room. 

     Commander Lexa was seated on her throne. She gave Lane an expectant look, "So, you've come to a decision?"

     Lane nodded, "I have."

     "Well, let's hear it then, Lane Sawyer."

     Lane glanced at Hagen once before speaking, "It's true that I don't have a place among the sky people. I am not one of them," Lane hoped she wouldn't end up regretting her next words, "but I'm also not one of you. My people died ninety-seven years ago, and I carry them with me every day," Lane tried not to tear up thinking of her family. "So, I've decided that I am not going to advise your War Council. Instead, I want to be a peace advisor between you and the sky people."

     One of the guards yelled out something that Lane could tell was not very nice, but the Commander held up her hand to silence him, "What are you suggesting exactly?"

     Lane took a step forward, "There is no unbiased person when you and the sky people are trying to compromise for peace. There's no outside opinion on what's right and what's wrong, so I want to spend time here in Polis and Arkadia to get a better understanding of both peoples so that in the future I can help each of you come to a fair agreement for peace." 

     "That's a bold move," the Commander stood from her throne, "lucky for you, I like bold moves."

     Lane smiled slightly as the Commander came to stand in front of her, "From now on, Lane Sawyer will be able to come and go from Polis and Arkadia as she pleases," Lane was about to  say thank you, but Lexa kept going, "However, if another war is break out between us and Skaikru she will have to choose what side of the war she wants to be on."