Cpt 8 | Impaitent Tendencies

A/N
We're back to the present with this chapter :)
How did you like the last chapter?
-----
Valerie's POV

"Valerie."
"What?" I replied, my eyes focused on the road. Kara frowned and looked bored.
"Are we there yet?...." Kelly, Ashlee and I all groaned at her question.
"For gods sake, Kar." Kelly muttered from the passengers seat. Ashlee looked amused but looked slightly annoyed.
"For the 26th time in the past hour; no, we are not there yet" I answered slowly, seeing her face fall. Kara was never very patient.
"Can I at least greet the...fans?" Kara said, hesitating. We never called them "fans", it never seemed fair to them. They meant a lot more to us then just fans.
"Yay! I love greeting them" Kelly agreed, her phone buzzing from the cup holder.
"Who's that?" I asked, looking at her phone. Kelly looked at me, then took her phone, tapping the screen. She smiled but quickly hid it.
"....no one." She said slowly. I raised an eyebrow at her, grinning. She rolled her eyes.
"I promise it's no one, mummy." She mocked. I rolled my eyes and looked back it the road, stopping at the red-light.
"If you say so."

Calum's POV.

"Who are you texting, Mikey?" I teased, elbowing his side. Michael groaned but moved the phone away from my view.
"Nobody."
"Is it a gurrrrrlll" I joked, moving towards his phone. Michael moved the phone away once again.
"No, it's not a gurrrrrllll" he mimicked, laughing nervously.
"It's a guy, then?" I asked, frowning. Michael glared at me.
"ASHTON MICHAEL'S GAY" I shouted towards Ash, who was in the driver seat. Luke groaned from the passengers seat.
"I knew it, mate." Ashton replied, playing along.
"You could've told us, ya know" I told Michael, trying not to laugh at the horrified expression that was on Michael's face.
"Use protection. You could still get AIDS" Luke said, smirking. I laughed, holding my stomach. Ashton and Luke joined in, much to Michael's dismay.
"Will you guys shut up." He groaned, hiding a smile. The laughter died down after a while and I jumped onto Twitter, where the news about the Sugar Skulls mystery guest was blowing up.

-----
@BangMeLiekDemDrums: OMG WHAT IF @SugarSkulls GUEST IS @5SOS OMG
@NotPunkRock: @BangMeLiekDemDrums that's stupid.
@NeverEverSS5SOS: @SugarSkulls's guest is NOT @5SOS come on.
@blah5SOS: @Calum5SOS @Michael5SOS @Luke_is_a_penguin @Ashton5SOS plz play 4 @SugarSkulls
@PunkRockYet: can't wait for @SugarSkulls tonite. Fingers crossed @5SOS
-----
"They know." I said dramatically.
"That you jerk off to photos of yourself? Yea, we all know." Michael said, smiling. Luke and Ashton laughed.
"What the fuck Michael?" Ashton said, laughing. I scoffed, grinning.
"No, I meant the fans suspect that we're playing for SS" I explained after they stopped laughing.
"So, is the 5sos Fam coming?" Ashton asked as he turned a corner and came to the highway, the girl's van a few cars ahead of us.
"Probably. Why?" I asked, looking away from my phone and looking at the back of Ashton's head.
"Be nice for something to cheer me up tonight." He said quietly, eyes focused on the road. His answered silence the whole van, the only sound being the traffic outside.

Ashton had hated the girl's ever since we meet almost two years ago, we were both opening for 1D and Ashton kinda lost it and the girl's dropped out.

"Well," Michael said, breaking the silence. I looked at him.
"The good news is their fandom has aloooot of really hot chicks." I smirked, what a typical Michael statement.
"They hate us though." Luke reminded us, Michael nodded.
"Not all of them." Michael said, turning off his phone. Luke shrugged but didn't answer.
"And even if they do....hate sex isn't half bad."

Valerie's POV
(About half an hour later)

"Hey, this is Ashlee Summers, uh huh."
We were now at the arena, waiting for the security to open the back door entrance for our van and us.
"Um..we are at the back entrance. Okay, thanks" Ashlee hung up and shoved the phone in her back pocket.

I heard a loud horn honk and looked over to see the boy's van pull in next to ours. I groaned and looked away, throwing my arms to my sides and then grimacing at the pain I got from my wrist. I held it softly, the scars throbbing from last night's weak hour. I had sanitised, bandaged and cover it with my sleeve but the pain was still excruciating.
I must've cut pretty deep last nig-
"Hey." Calum said, walking toward me. I smiled, he was one of the good ones.
"What's up?" I asked weakly, holding my wrist lightly still. He shrugged.
"Nothing much." I nodded awkwardly. He scratched the back of his neck, looking around.
"Did you, um..last night did you when Ashton said that you deser-"
"Yes I did." I answered, smiling sarcastically. I guess they thought I was asleep.
"Um...hey, don't..don't let him bother you" Calum advised, I nodded. Too late I thought.
"Thanks..." I said, actually surprised that he would take the time to say it.
"And you don't deserve it. And the bullshit that Ashton said to you yesterday is not true. You've got a lot of talent, Quinn." He added before walking away.
I laughed humourlessly as my wrist throbbed again.

-
"I need the bathroom." Kelly whined, running her hand through her hair.
"How much of the iced tea did you drink?" Kara questioned her, Kelly squinted an eye, thinking.
"Um..like, two bottles?" She said, unsure. Kara rolled her eyes.
"Dude!"
"What? I like tea. What I don't like is having to go to the bathroom three times an hour because of it." She said, making me laugh.
We continued to follow the security guard down through the building to the stage, for our last run through before the show.

"Michael, stop hitting Luke." Ashton said, looking at Michael disappointedly.
"No."
"Michael."
"No"
"Michael, pls" I heard Luke whine, making me smile. The boys were next to us, as the hall was huge and both of our groups could fit with ease.
"Luke, use proper English." Michael lectured. Luke groaned in defeat as Michael kept slapping Luke with both of his sweater's sleeves.
"Bathrooom" I looked to see Kelly pouting at me, I frowned.
"What the fuck do you want me to do about it?" I asked her, confused. Kelly smiled at my choice of words.
"Okay...stage is that way. Your dressing rooms are down that hall," the security guy said, pointing in the directions that he spoke of.
"And the bathroom is next to your dressing rooms." He added, looking at Kelly, who beamed happily and bit her tongue.
"Thank you!" She chirped, making him roll his eyes and walk away.

We continued the walk towards the stage as directed. I risked a glance at Ashton, he didn't see me. Did he remember what happened last night? I mean, I doubt it he was pretty drunk. But, surely not that drunk right? But the stuff I keep in my stash are pretty strong, not gonna lie. If he remembered then he would've said something, right?
I shake my head, clearing my thoughts.

Our stage director, John, was pretty cool. He let us do our own thing whilst on stage, unlike most.
After about an hour and a half of run throughs with and without the boys he told us to get back to our rooms.
The girls quickly walked ahead of me, eager to get to the room to get some rest. I stayed behind, groggily walking behind, alone.

"Valerie?"
"Jesus Christ, Calum you scared me" I exclaimed, breathing deeply. He chuckled, walking beside me with his bass.
"Why are you behind? Don't you wanna get to the dressing rooms and do your eyebrows?" He mocked, making his voice high to mimic a girls. I laughed, holding my sticks in my hand.
"What the fuck was that, Calum? I don't know anyone who sounds like that." I said, laughing. He laughed along with me.
"So how ya doing?"
"You know, meh." I replied, half-heartedly. Calum bit his lip nervously. I frowned.
"What's up? You can tell m-"
"I found your blades." He said quickly. I turned to him sharply, pulling on my sleeve. He looked at me carefully, studying my face, like I was going to break down at any given moment.
"Excuse me?" I said, trying to hide the fact that my heart had basically leapt from my chest and into a vat of bubbling, radioactive acid.
"Show me your wrist." He said sternly, looking down at my arms. I cleared my throat.
"I don't think that's such a good id-"
"Just show me!" He shouted. I flinched at the sudden increase in volume but shook my head no. Calum huffed loudly, scratching his head violently.
"Valerie, please. Ashton's been an asshole but that's no reason to-"
"You don't get it." I said, my voice building. He looked at me, a grim expression on his face.
"What's there not to get?" He said, confused but slightly angry. I scoffed, smiling sadly.
"I appreciate the shits that you give about me," I said, making his face relax. I breathed in lightly.
"But you wouldn't understand."

A/N
Is this chapter short? I'm sorry, baby.