Our Love is God

A/N: I didn't clarify this but Ethan is Deceit from the Sanders sides series. Sorry for not clarifying. 

TW: Suicidal thoughts, suicide attempt (almost), mentions of cutting, self hate, Sad chapter.

Ethan's P.O.V:

'This is it' I think as I walk to the place Remus and I shared our first kiss. It's an abandoned building that is easy to get into. I get to the roof and sit on the ledge, swinging my legs. I stare down at the world. Hell it's the last glimpse of it I'll ever have. The sunset is pretty at least.  I spent my time alone writing the notes out and making sure everything was okay before I left. I left my door unlocked so my family could find the notes. Tears are streaming down my face. I hear footsteps behind me and I stare at my hands.

"Y-you're too l-late Remus. I'm ending it. You wanted to disconnect me from your life by getting the surgery. I-I'll save you the time and energy."

 I slide forward a little and the person grabs me and pulls me back into a hug. Instead of the green jacket I'm used to, I'm being hugged by Virgil. He's crying holding me.

"I-If you are going....I'm going too."

"Virgil n-no...You have a soulmate who actually wants a life with you...s-stay..please..."

"No! You can't jump....."

"Virgil...I can't go on" I stop when I hear multiple people enter the roof. It's everyone. Patton, Logan, Emile and Remy, Roman, and Remus. I stare wide eyed at everyone.

"What are you all doing here?" Remus steps forward.

"Babe...I'm sorry. Don't do this. I love you. Please I'm so sorry."

I step back, almost off the roof.

"I'm jumping Remus. You made it clear where you stand."

"No! Please! Fuck! I-I shit....this is my fault.." He drops to his knees. Emile rubs his back. Patton steps forward.

"Ethan. I know today was hard. I understand..But please don't end your whole life because of one bad day."

"one bad day..One bad day?! Patton I cut myself everyday! Do you know what it is like to not think you are good enough and then you hear the person you are supposed to be with forever basically saying you aren't good enough?! Huh?! Do you?!" I step back one more time and I'm at the very edge. One more step and I'll be free. I see Logan shaking.

"E-Ethan...Please don't....I lost my sister, your mom, and I can't lose you too. She told me to keep you safe."

"You should have done a better job." And I step off. I feel someone grab the hood of my hoodie. I look up and see Remus.

"I'm not letting you die! Not on my fucking watch!" I try to wiggle out of my hoodie but I'm being pulled up onto the roof. Remus hugs me and cries into my shoulder. 

"I fucking love you dammit. Don't leave. It'll break me. I'll end it..You'll see me in Hell with you and-" I cut him off because he's rambling anxiously. If I was to let him keep going he would be going on for hours. Since getting diagnosed with ADHD he has been very nervous. 

"Baby...I won't leave..I'm sorry." I rock him a little to calm him down. His attacks have been getting worse lately. I wonder what's causing it. Everyone buries me in a hug  and I smile a little.

I'm happy to have my family.