"Coming right up" he beamed, smacking them down on the counter before ringing her up. She handed him a fiver and picked up the pack, giving him a swift nod.

As she stepped out of the shop, she almost stepped into someone. Sure enough, she looked up and it was Matt Helders. A man who had received a text not too long ago that had spurred his trip to the shop. Harry hadn't mentioned anything to do with Alex, just asked if Matt could show her a familiar face.

"Shit." She said immediately. A wave of déjà vu had smacked her right in the face. Matt started laughing.

"Well hello there Miss Temple. Merry Christmas." He grinned. Luna tried to smile at him but she knew this conversation was going to go to Alex at some point.

"Merry Christmas, Matt." She replied. "Excuse me." She pushed past him but he grabbed her arm.

"Woah, where are you going so fast?" He wondered. She turned around and sighed. "Hey, it's like old times ain't it?" He chuckled. Luna nodded but the tears started to blossom.

"I thought you and Al were staying in LA for Christmas?" He wondered, not noticing her somber expression yet. Luna bit her lip.

"Is that what he told you?" She asked, her voice was weak now and Matt caught on. His smile dropped dramatically.

"Shit, what did he do?" He asked. Luna shook her head quickly.

"He didn't do anything, Matt. We're just...taking some time apart." She tried to explain. Matt stared at her, trying to read what's on her face and when he didn't respond he watched as she pulled out her pack and put the object in her mouth. "Gotta light?" She asked. He pulled one out of his pocket and lit it for her.

"Walk with me, Lu. Like old times." He proposed. Luna really didn't want to talk to Matt about Alex.

"Don't you have a family to be with?" She asked, rather abruptly. He raised his eyebrows at her tone.

"You are my family, Luna." He spoke with such sincerity it stung her chest. "Walk with me." He repeated. This time, she nodded.

They walked down the road, towards the park where they all used to hang out. Matt let her walk in silence as she finished her cigarette.

"So, you're here and he's in LA. How did that come about?" He asked.

They didn't realise but they were sat on the same bench that they sat at to discuss Alex's outburst in the pub. Matt was a key part of their relationship sometimes.

"We were in LA together. He convinced me to come with him and stay at his house there. That way he could be on tour and we could be together." She started, her hand shook as she pulled out another cigarette. "And then we got into an argument and I kind of just...ran." She continued.

Matt watched this girl crumble in front of him and wondered why he hadn't had a phone call from Alex feeling the same way. Maybe he knew that they might run into each other in Sheffield.

"Anyway, I came back here and stupidly I expected him to come back for Christmas so we could come up here together just like we'd planned. He did tell me he was going to stay in LA for a bit, i guess to think or whatever. We were meant to leave on the 23rd but he never showed so I came alone." she explained. Matt winced at the actions of his best mate.

"That's a dickhead move. Do you mind me asking what the argument was about?" He wondered. Luna blew out some smoke and sat back against the bench.

"He's been working with this singer, Alexandra. She's very young and very pretty and talented. I was late to their show because I had an interview with some food magazine so he was already angry with me but throughout the show he kept looking at her. It might not sound like a lot but seeing the man you love look at another woman like that just broke me. I got jealous, basically. It just kind of erupted from there. I basically accused him of loving her and he accused me of putting my career before him and not being able to handle his life." She explained. Matt nodded.

"And you haven't spoken since?" He questioned.

"He texted me on the 23rd saying he's staying in LA but he didn't say why. I get it though, he probably thinks I don't trust him or was just looking for an excuse to get out of his life but I wasn't. I trust him, I shouldn't of exploded the minute he looked at her lovingly but...he said some really hurtful things." She answered. Matt nodded.

"I think Alex knows you love him and probably doesn't understand why you reacted the way you did. He's a man, Lu. He doesn't understand a lot. As for the hurtful things, knowing him he didn't mean them or was just trying to level with you. He'll come around because he loves you and you'll get through this. You need to speak to each other though otherwise you'll assume you're over and go on with your lives and then one day you'll see each other and realise you still love each other and this was a whole misunderstanding." He concluded. Luna nodded, going to put the cigarette in her mouth again but Matt pulled it away. "And don't get back into old habits that make you irritable." He advised. Luna nodded.

"Thank you, Matt. Please don't tell him I told you." She requested. Matt shook his head.

"Course not. He'll tell me himself soon enough." He agreed. Luna nodded and let out a sigh.

"How's your Christmas going?" She wondered. He shrugged.

"Not so bad. Just needed to get out of the house for a bit, away from the noise." He explained. She understood that. "Should probably get back though" he excused. She nodded.

"Same. Can't be a hypocrite and not turn up for Christmas as well." She joked. Matt tried to suppress his laughter, knowing it was a defence mechanism but he couldn't help but snort.

"Oh Luna." He sighed, putting his arm around her. She buried her head into his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him, taking him by surprise. "Come on. Let's get you home, Harry will be worrying."

Just like that, Luna felt like a sixteen year old once again, having to be under Harry's responsibility and comforted every six seconds.