Chapter 2: Yeah, this is our competition

Start from the beginning

The Chef handed us our stew.

"Okay. So, I guess I'll be eating the stew." I guessed.

"No. I will. I wanna see if I picked all the right spices."

"Okay. If you insist."

Courtney happily took the bowl, gave it a blow and then starting eating the soup.

"Is it good?" I asked.

"Yeah. It is." She responded then continued to eat." It's just very hot."

"Wish I could help but all i can do is watch."

"I don't need help finishing stew."

"Oh. Well.... then. Do as you please." I grinned and continued to watch her drink the stew.

I noticed some girl dreamily staring at her partner.

"Oh Devin." She dreamily sighed.

She noticed me and the camera man staring at her. Her cheeks turned red.

"Looks like somebody has a crush." I grinned.

"Um. That was. I was just-... OKAY I LOVE HIM! I've loved him since we were four and he peed in my turtle pool."

"Um...." I started.

"I mean, that's not why I love him. That's just when it started but after all this time, how do I tell him? And what if he doesn't feel the same way?"

"Trust me. I know EXACTLY what you're going through. I just don't know how you managed to do it for 12 WHOLE YEARS."

"Yeah. And he already has a girlfriend. Shelly." Carrie mocked.

"You're on TV you know. Shelly will see this on TV." I stated.

Honestly, I made that mistake twice on tv. Though thankfully Courtney never actually looked back on the episodes to catch those slip ups.

"Ugh! You're right. What am I doing?" She facepalmed.

"Done!" Courtney cheered.

"Well... Carrie. Good luck with.. Devin. And the race. Gotta go!" I waved and caught up with Courtney.

"Thanks." She thanked.

After Courtney finished me and Courtney started looking for the Carpet of Completion.

+

After looking around for a while, the things here kinda just start to look the safe. Heck I can't even tell if that's the same cactus from earlier.

My running came to a stop.

"Okay. I can't tell if we're lost, or going the right way." I said, looking around.

I noticed Courtney looking kinda drained.

"Hey. Court-case? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I. I don't think so. Hey. Is your hair normally more than one hue?" Courtney asked, barely able to stand up.

"N-no. It isn't. Court-case. You don't look so good."

"Aaron. My vision is getting kinda blurry."

"Oh no! Are you dehydrated?!" I asked.

"I. I think so." She said, falling to her knees taking deep breaths.

"H-hold on. I'll get us moving. Get on my back and just try to hang on as best as you can. I got you." I told her.

She got on my back.

"Don't worry. I'll find the Chill zone and I'll get you something to drink." I told her and I started traveling with her on my back.

+

After some time of travel, even I'm getting a bit tired myself.

"Hey? Um. I was thinking of a nickname for you. Like, how you call me your Court-case. I was wondering if air-bear sounded fine to you."

"You can call me anything you want sweet heart. Just as long as you're okay." I said, as I kept walking.

"I think I may have picked one wrong spice."

"Oh..... well.... at least you're still alive."

"Hey. What's that?" Courtney pointed.

I squinted my eyes. It looks like there was some guy standing in the distance. I sped up my running pace.

When I got there, we met Don at the Carpet of Completion.

"Welcome to the chill zone. You're the second team to arrive." Don told us.

I saw a glass of water on a table. I quickly picked it up and handed it to Courtney. After she finished the glass, she happily sighed in relief.

"Ugh. That is much better." Courtney sighed in relief.

"So. You're okay?" I checked.

"Yeah. I'm okay. I have enough strength to walk again. I'm gonna get more water."

"Okay. I'm just glad you're better." I grinned.