one - new

the sun shines through my curtains faintly just enough for my eyes to flutter a little.

the quiet shower outside of the pristine form of a household replenished with stillness. my phone echoed throughout the house triggering my mind to fully wake up.

I opened my eyes and got out of bed lowering my feet towards the ground. Hastily, I ran down the stairs of the vacant house and answered the phone quickly, pulling it off of the charger.

"What's up?"

"Nothing love, just wanted to hear your sleepy voice" Grayson spoke as cars honked in the background. His words caused my face to turn beet red.

"Pfft, stop it dummy. you're too much" I giggled through the phone. We continued talking to one another for another 10 minutes until he finally arrived at work.

"Alright babe, I have to go. Have fun with the girls today, love you," Grayson said making kissing noises into the phone as I giggled and did the same back.

"Love you too! Tell Ethan I said Hi,"

"Will do." Grayson said before he hung up.

As the phone call ended, there was a knock at the door. Placing my phone on the island table, I scurried towards the door opening it wide as both of them stood, Julie and Eva.

"Wakey wakey Sleeping Beauty! We have a big day today." Julie declared as she walked throughout the house, entering the kitchen plopping down her cream-colored purse on the counter. I giggled as I gave Eva a big hug and she gave one back.

"Morning bitch!" Eva shouted making her words echo throughout the house.

"Morning to you too." I said closing the door behind us. I stepped away from the door, going to the kitchen, while leaning on the counter I noticed both of them staring at me.

"What?" I said staring at them blankly while biting into an apple.

"You and Grayson, Ms. Soon to be Married!" Eva said sluggishly, walking towards me examining me in my sweatsuit with my hair all messy in a bun.

"Oh yeah, we're gonna have to fix that" She said gesturing her fingers, pointing at me from head to toe. I roll my eyes playfully and head up the stairs with both of them running after me like little kids.

As Julie grabs clothing from my closet,  Eva and I start getting ready for the day. I stared out of my window for a second as the rain started to clear up. The slight amusement of finally being able to have friends again always lingered when we would all hang out. I slowly walked towards my marble countered vanity and sat down on the fluffy stool. Glancing at my reflection, I smiled, taking in the natural golden lighting that was plastered along the right side of my face. Making my dark brown eyes turn a honey brown, my soft pink lips glisten in the light, and my nose stud sparkle.

I looked like this soft angelic girl, and let me tell you something. I still am, I haven't changed. Which is odd because the standard naive woman who gets all these advantages should change, or some may say become a different person. But I stayed the same, and I'm proud of myself for it.

Julie nudges my shoulder, alarming me, handing the clothes over to me and pushes me out of my chair.

I scurry over to the bathroom and try my choices. Some were either not my style, too outrageous, and just frankly not me until I found one outfit that I knew Eva had to have picked out for me, without Julie realizing.

I slip on the outfit and admire myself in the mirror. Outside of the restroom, I can hear both of them getting ready until it becomes inaudible. I fix my hair up and style it nicely to complete my outfit.

While checking a few texts from my parents and clients, my eyes move upward and scan both of them eagerly waiting for me.

"Ooo! You look cute, not my outfit choice, but still cute!" Julie says grabbing her car keys, heading for the front door.

"Oo, Yay! I knew you'd like that one." Eva says linking her arms with mine as we both grab our purses and head out the door.

"Wait," I say while stepping back inside and glancing at myself one last time in the mirror.

"Okay!"
I closed the door, locking it, and walked over to Eva's car.