Hope Is Not The Goal

Start from the beginning

Lizzie stops walking and gives Landon a mutinous look.

"Girls are missing, so get your wedgie-trauma in check, or leave." Remarks Lizzie.

She then turns to face the rest of the group, who have gathered around her so they can have a huddle before school. Among them is Hope and Parker who both sigh as they walk up beside him.

"Lizzie enough, I think he gets it by now." Comments Parker.

"Yeah he's fine now. Let it go." Remarks Hope.

Lizzie returns to the task at hand and begins assigning tasks to each member of the group with a serious expression.

"Okay, here's the deal." Lizzie turns to Landon, who looks bewildered.

"Landon, you talk to any of the people you still know from when you were here."
Landon opens his mouth as though he's about to speak, but Lizzie simply ignores him and turns to Hope, who Lizzie then turns to Hope, who already looks frustrated.

"Hope, you try to not deliberately alienate the entire student body..."
Hope shoots Lizzie an offended look as she steps back to address the rest of the group.

"...While the rest of us save the world."
Hope rolls her eyes in annoyance.

"This isn't a contest, Lizzie."
Lizzie takes on a serious and dramatic tone of voice.

"You're right-- it's a mission for a hero and her league of..."
Lizzie looks around at her fellow students and her sister and fails to come up with an accurate description of their group.

"...Whatever's"

"Wow Liz, really feeling the love there." A sarcastic Parker remarks.

Kaleb, unimpressed by the debate, scoffs and throws his hands into the air.

"Yeah, screw that. I work alone."
Kaleb quickly walks toward the school, with a reluctant Hope and Landon following suit. Lizzie then turns to talk to MG, whose face lights up at the sight of her.

"MG, I need your compulsion skills. Would you like to be the Robin to my Batwoman?"
MG's excitement is slightly dimmed by his urge to correct her on her comic book reference.

"Actually, Batwoman doesn't have a Robin, she—"
Lizzie, already bored with the conversation, cuts him off and pats him condescendingly on the shoulder.

"Metaphor, nerd."
Lizzie puts her left arm around MG's shoulder so she can steer him toward the school.

"Let's go."

"Yeah it's fine, don't worry about me I'll just stay with Landon and make sure he doesn't steal anything." Parker shouts after her sister.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A very bored-looking Hope is walking with an irritated Parker and Landon, who is anxiously narrating his tour of the school based on his previous experiences there.

"This is the senior hallway, where I spent much of my formative years stuffed in every locker, except this one—"
Landon anxiously pats one of the lockers with the palm of his hands and tugs on the lock.