A year

Jungkook has been in a coma for 4 weeks now. The doctors say he's physically fine, but still it's as if he refuses to wake up.

Namjoon has been taking care of Jungkook these past weeks. He sits everyday with him. Some days he reads as if Jungkook knows what he is saying. Other days Namjoon talks to Jungkook. About what he ate for breakfast and what he is planning to do next weekend, which is almost always nothing much. Jin likes to visit sometimes and Namjoon hates to admit that someone else's company is really assuring sometimes. Jin brings food and talks about Jungkook to Namjoon. It sort of brings a little bit of life into the hospital room.

Rose and Moonbyul have been looking for Taehyung but it's really no use. No private investigator has found him nor a clue to where he might be. They supposed that Taehyung just didn't want to face the police and the fact that he killed Yoongi was behind his disappearance, never really thinking it might be the pressure Taehyung made up in his mind.

Jennie sometimes stops to visit Jungkook but she had a family emergency in California and had to head right on out.

And who knows if Taehyung might come back. Namjoon thinks that Jungkook is waiting for Taehyung to come back so that he can wake up and be happy again. That might not be true but it's the only explanation Namjoon has allowed himself to give.

It's been 2 months and Taehyung is still not back. Jungkook hasn't woken up and it's getting more worrisome. No one really knows if he'll ever wake up.

It's been 3 months. Still no news of Taehyung. The doctors say Jungkook will wake up. Maybe tomorrow is what we all think.

It's been 4 months. The police are helping us look for Taehyung. But it's as if the world stopped turning. Will he ever come back?

It's been 5 months. Today Jungkook moved his hand. Something he hadn't done for the past months. He might wake up. Maybe tomorrow.

It's been 6 months and Jungkook whispered to Namjoon, "Taehyung?" Maybe tomorrow.

It's been 7 months and Jungkook opened his eyes. He looked directly at Namjoon and moaned out. He stared but didn't say anything. The doctors immediately came to see if he was alright. He's fine. And finally awake. But Taehyung is still not back. And Jungkook seems to have lost his ability to speak.

It's been 8 months. Jungkook is recuperating in the hospital and everyday Namjoon and Jin accompany him. They read to him, feed him, and give him something to believe in. He still hasn't said a word.

It's been 9 months. About the time it takes for a baby to spark out into the world. But our world isn't the same as before. It can't be the same. Jungkook is close to being let out of the hospital. He seems similar yet confused. He hasn't spoken since he woke up. He's ok but it seems he doesn't feel the need to speak.

It's been 9 months and a half. Jungkook was let out of the hospital. We made a welcome back party, but he went straight for his room. Didn't even look twice. Hasn't spoken in 2 and a half months. Maybe he will. Tomorrow.

It's been 11 months. Rose and Moonbyul are taking care of Jungkook. Namjoon and Jin spend most of their time helping Jungkook. Jennie came back from her emergency. And Taehyung is still not back.

It's been a year. No one can believe it. But it has. In a year so much has changed. It's scary how only 12 months ago, we were all happy. And now everything is gone. Absolutely everything is gone. So much can change in a year. So much can happen in a year. A year goes away so fast you don't see it go by. But some people will leave you and will never come back. You just have to learn how to live without them. So much can happen in a year. But you already knew that right?